Decades Feeder Bracket - 1994 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, August 22, 2017, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I see a couple of interesting results from our first go round.  Veruca Salt slides by a very good song by Green Day.  And I either severely overestimated my favorite Soundgarden song and its mass appeal, or, I severely underestimated the power of a Zombie.  Either way, the Cranberries may be at the beginning of a long run.  Thank you all for voting!

The 1/8

The 4/12

The 3/6

The 7/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Not that the cranberries were a one hit wonder...but Zombie was HUUUGGGGGEEEE in '94.

Surprised Come Out and Play won. I'm a big pre-2012 or so Offspring fan but I thought both Self Esteem and Gotta Get Away were better songs and arguably bigger hits (especially Self Esteem).

Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Self Esteem was released as a single 12/22/94.  If I had needed it, I would have used it in '94.  You'll probably see it in '95.  As for Zombie, I figured everyone else was as tired of it as I am.  I also could have put it against Spoonman or Black Hole Sun, but I chose my fave Soundgarden song.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on August 22, 2017, 09:46:55 PM
Self Esteem was released as a single 12/22/94.  If I had needed it, I would have used it in '94.  You'll probably see it in '95.  As for Zombie, I figured everyone else was as tired of it as I am.  I also could have put it against Spoonman or Black Hole Sun, but I chose my fave Soundgarden song.

Don't apologize for that choice, man. That song got me into Soundgarden in the first place.  :coolsmiley:

MetalDog