Decades Feeder Bracket - 1984 Championship

Started by MetalDog, August 21, 2017, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

So the final showdown of 1984 is Prince versus Metallica.  I am quite sure way more people know and have heard Let's Go Crazy over Fade to Black.  And they are such different genres.  No less awesome or representative of what was to come from these preformers.  How do we decide which wins?  I'll leave that up to you.  Have at!

The 1/2

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

My hatred for Metallica grew strong during the Napster years, just their whole attitude. Still top of the list for hated bands.

jamus34

Quote from: Tuna on August 22, 2017, 04:32:52 PM
My hatred for Metallica grew strong during the Napster years, just their whole attitude. Still top of the list for hated bands.

Eh, they were douchbags, they missed the 21st century train like the rest of the recording industry (at least the publishers) and as a result their popularity has suffered.

That said pre 1992 Metallica was da shit. I wore out my first copy of ...And Justice for All ...and it was a CD.
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

I really, really dislike Prance, always have. Guess I'll just have to vote the lesser of two weevils.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

If you're going to hate Metallica, at least do it for all the crap they put out from the black album on up.

And I hate that you hate Prince, Stagger.  He's a genius guitar player and wrote some really awesome music.  But I get it.  If you don't like him, you don't like him.

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on August 22, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
If you're going to hate Metallica, at least do it for all the crap they put out from the black album on up.

And I hate that you hate Prince, Stagger.  He's a genius guitar player and wrote some really awesome music.  But I get it.  If you don't like him, you don't like him.

Sounds similar to my old man hating on Dylan. For the most part he likes and respects the songs he wrote that others performed but can't stand him as a performer.
Insert witty comment here.

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: OJsDad on August 24, 2017, 08:24:56 AM
Highest seed wins

LETS GO CRAZY!!!!

That would be correct.  And that's our winner for 1984.  Thank you all for voting.  :bd: