The GrogHeads Fire Department

Started by BanzaiCat, August 17, 2017, 11:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Anyone interested in being a fireman? -Person?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/100901/flash-point-fire-rescue

I've been wanting to build a narrative of this game for some time. I know I have other things going on, and going on they are (Outpost Gamma, etc., all being worked on, trust me). But if there's no interest in this game, I won't bother. I thought it would be fun to build the narrative around forum members here, play through it, and you guys could be the spectators.

I've purchased just about all of the expansions to this game, and it's a lot of fun. So much potential for building something entertaining, I think.

You'd just lend your forum name to your firefighter, and before each mission would get to pick the kind of firefighter you'd want to be (there's different specialties). I'll get more into that later, if there's interest.

JasonPratt

AND MY CHAINSAW!  :D

...that joke might even fit topically here.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I suppose that's a big ol' 'negatory,' then...

JasonPratt

Too bad; I thought it was a good idea.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I wasn't sure that was a volunteer line from you or not, JP. ;D

That's fine, because I'll probably go do it anyway, and use any forum members I want! SO THERE. :P

mirth

Use me and abuse me, buddy  O0

Let's call the squad the "Grogheads Hotheads"
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Aren't you a little short for a firefighter?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

When I am the only one who can access that burning attic to drag your ass out will you ask me the same question?

After my stint with the Guard I am planning on joining my local firehouse, btw.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 01:49:52 PM
After my stint with the Guard I am planning on joining my local firehouse, btw.

That's hot.

BanzaiCat

Nice, Gus! Be sure to get EMT-qualified too...I'll bet there's extra pay involved, possibly.

Awright, you guys are gonna get it. I'll probably try to start something up this weekend, but I'm prioritizing new Outpost Gamma chapters (shut up, mirth). The new OG chapters will be done by the end of the weekend, so if I have time once that's done I'll mess around with this. I even bought an el cheapo fire fighter playset to help with the production quality. ;D

mirth

Staggerwing

If you need one more at the firehouse I'm your vollie.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Alright, awesome. I gotta figure the ideal set-up for how many firefighters (I'm thinking 4, max), but that doesn't mean we can't rotate peeps.

I've got, as I said, all of the expansions for this game, so there will be a plethora of things to save. Or burn to the ground.

I also need to figure if it's better to do game reporting via images or just do pics...I'm leaning towards just videos.