Decades Feeder Bracket - 1982 Final 4 Part 1

Started by MetalDog, June 25, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Looks like Golden Earring might have a winner here.  I personally think it would be tough to get by Prince, but, you guys have surprised me before.  The 2/3 looks to be super difficult.  Do you stay true to your roots and vote The Clash?  Or do you go with the pure awesomeness that is Queen?  Happy voting!

The 1/13

1 I don't have a 'Spill some on the floor,' or a, 'mic drop,' emoji, but, that's what should go here.

The 2/3

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Good to see mirth voted the exact opposite of what I voted ;)

mirth

The important thing is that Rush is out of this one.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Glad to see my Dutch neighbours doing so good in the US.

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on June 25, 2017, 02:12:20 PM
The important thing is that Rush is out of this one.

For you, maybe.  For those who continue to enjoy Rush's music, :P to you, mirth!  (And Barthheart, too, as I know it applies there.)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

Says the man whos Rush hate is so strong that even the Emperor is afraid of him.

mirth

MetalDog

The technical skill of the trio is outstanding.  The way they make music is just awesome.  If that makes me an apologist, then guilty as charged.  What do you love enough to be an apologist for?

Steelgrave

mirth

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on June 25, 2017, 08:46:21 PM
The technical skill of the trio is outstanding.  The way they make music is just awesome.  If that makes me an apologist, then guilty as charged.  What do you love enough to be an apologist for?

They're hacks who make bland music. I don't care if you apologize for them or not.

Barthheart

Hate Prince so first pair is easy.

2/3 pairing however is really tough.
Queen is just so awesome a group... but Under Pressure is a colab with Bowie so not technically a Queen tune....
The Clash is also great... and Should I Stay or Should I Go was a personal anthem.....
:pullhair:

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on June 25, 2017, 08:55:11 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 25, 2017, 08:46:21 PM

They're hacks who make bland music. I don't care if you apologize for them or not.

Deflect all you like.  You still didn't answer my question.