Ancient Battle: Rome

Started by Lord Zimoa, July 30, 2013, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Fantastic new tablet strategy game coming from Hunted Cow, Ancient Battle: Rome

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=198527

GDS_Starfury

lloks great but no Android play  :(
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Tpek

Jarhead0331

This was released today. Special introductory price of $1.99.

Downloaded and ready to play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rogo727

Quote from: Tpek on August 03, 2013, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 03, 2013, 10:35:32 AM

+1
So tired of reading this.   Android meh......so I have an android tablet I bought for 39$ but what can I play with it?  Nothing.   If all android tablets were made the same way I could understand.   Only about 8% of android tablets made are on the apple I Level.   The apple I!!!   Now the windows tablet is completely different.   Just today google has announced that it is going to start to stray  apart from android.  Nuff said.

Tpek

Quote from: Rogo727 on September 13, 2013, 07:08:34 PM

+1
So tired of reading this.   Android meh......so I have an android tablet I bought for 39$ but what can I play with it?  Nothing.   If all android tablets were made the same way I could understand.   Only about 8% of android tablets made are on the apple I Level.   The apple I!!!   Now the windows tablet is completely different.   Just today google has announced that it is going to start to stray  apart from android.  Nuff said.

That's quite a load of BS with all due respect.
Yeah, maybe 8% of the tablets that cost 39$ are bad, but most are way better.
Android tablets are way over the latest iPads. The reason you can't find enough games is because dumbly enough most developers are still certain most people use iOS products, when Android rules the market.

Rogo727

Quote from: Tpek on September 14, 2013, 04:19:34 AM

+1

Android tablets are way over the latest iPads. The reason you can't find enough games is because dumbly enough most developers are still certain most people use iOS products, when Android rules the market.
lol omg android may have more units sold see $39 vs 199 and up.  Not dumb but a fact at least in the states.  I will always respond to ignorant statements such as this.  The problem with android is this you have to many third parties who make the product.   Most android tablets are crap.  Cheap but crap.  Android is not the future.   I have to tell you I'm really impressed with the windows tablets.  While I do like apple I find myself thinking when windows gets going they will dominate the market.  Again I state there are very few android tablets that are worthy and supported. 

Staggerwing

I think it would help if game app developers would post recommended hardware specs after they code Android games. Some of the bargain basement Android tablets are nothing more than e-readers with LCD screens. An 800 MHz single-core processor and 2gigs of storage pushing pixels onto a 800x600 screen isn't going to cut it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tpek

Quote from: Rogo727 on September 14, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

+1

lol omg android may have more units sold see $39 vs 199 and up.  Not dumb but a fact at least in the states.  I will always respond to ignorant statements such as this.  The problem with android is this you have to many third parties who make the product.   Most android tablets are crap.  Cheap but crap.  Android is not the future.   I have to tell you I'm really impressed with the windows tablets.  While I do like apple I find myself thinking when windows gets going they will dominate the market.  Again I state there are very few android tablets that are worthy and supported.

It's not an ignorant statement, it's statistics.
Android sells more, better and isn't on the constant downfall like the iOS.
Cheap but crap? so are old iPhones/iPads. That's not a proper argument.

There are more companies developing and manufacturing Android phones than iOS ones, which inevitably leads to greater diversity and advancement in the Android phones than the iOS ones.

And I've yet to see Windows phones really take off.
So far I hear less about them these days than I do before they were even released.

Toonces

A friend of mine told me that the reason you see so many more quality games on iOS instead of Android is that iOS users are willing to buy and accept a $10 price point for apps, whereas Android users seem to be stuck with anywhere from free to about $2 for an app.  So the developers stick with iOS because they know the customers will pay a fair price for their software.

I don't know if it's true, but based on the comments I see on reviews of most game apps on my Kindle Fire I can certainly believe it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rogo727

Quote from: Tpek on September 15, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

+1

There are more companies developing and manufacturing Android phones than iOS ones, which inevitably leads to greater diversity and advancement in the Android phones than the iOS ones.

So far I hear less about them these days than I do before they were even released.
Let's just agree to disagree .   We are both wargamers and I just want wargames made for the tablet I like.

FlickJax

Quote from: Rogo727 on September 16, 2013, 04:28:56 PM
Quote from: Tpek on September 15, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

+1

Let's just agree to disagree .   We are both wargamers and I just want wargames made for the tablet I like.

And so do Android users.........