Panzer Battles of North Africa 1941 Released!

Started by Strela, November 20, 2018, 01:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strela

Quote from: ludi1867 on December 31, 2018, 01:16:20 PM
How do you shoot?  I have the demo and shooting is NOT intuitive!

Ensure you select the unit you want to fire.

Press 'T' to highlight all valid targets. If no targets are highlighted then you are usually out of range or can't see the enemy unit. Please note that there are usually different ranges that you can hit hard and soft units.

Hold the Ctrl key down and the cursor will turn into the 'firing' cross-hair cursor.

Right click on the target hex and your unit should fire, as long as it has sufficient movement points.

You do not have to change between move and fire mode as the Ctrl key provides a temporary change while pressed.

Hope that helps and it does become intuitive when you get use to it.

David

PS I have seen some confusion in movement. You do not have to move hex by hex, but rather can drag and drop and your unit will move to the desired hex if possible. To determine hexes you can move to press H and the possible destination hexes are shown after selecting the unit. Drag and drop after that.

All the above is explained in the Getting Started scenario & documentation. I suggest you play through that first.

ludi1867

THAT did it!  Thank you Strela!  It is the highlighting with "T" that seems to make the difference.