Bond 25 title not revealed to be Shatterhand! (updated) D:

Started by JasonPratt, March 08, 2019, 02:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Alas, not Shatterhand after all (per the Broccoli update posted downthread).

As it happens, someone (Monitor Blown) has already written a spec theme for it, too (though not officially?)

It's an....... eclectic song. But not as eclectic as Another Way To Die, so there's that.  >:D

(I actually like what AWTD was going for; it was just way too overproduced in goofy ways.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Fun trivia: while Shatterhand is a Bond villain alias, Ian Fleming got the name from a German western hero, or more specifically from a bar named after this literary hero. There have been at least three films made in the mid 60s featuring "Old Shatterhand", played by Lex Parker. (These can be found several places to watch for free. According to Wiki, there are 7 such films!)

While Shatterhand was the German hero, the novels were usually named after Winnetou, the Apache chief who befriends him. These early pulp novels from the 1880s are often regarded as an inspiration on the Lone Ranger and Tonto later!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Shatterhand
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Con

Isnt this what happens when you drop a deuce and find out some bastard used the last of the toilet paper?
:)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Con on March 08, 2019, 05:47:41 PM
Isnt this what happens when you drop a deuce and find out some bastard used the last of the toilet paper?
:)

Apparently.

Barbara Broccoli herself took the time to debunk the title.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/07/shatterhand-is-officially-debunked-as-the-title-for-bond-25/
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 08, 2019, 02:16:09 PM
Fun trivia: while Shatterhand is a Bond villain alias, Ian Fleming got the name from a German western hero, or more specifically from a bar named after this literary hero. There have been at least three films made in the mid 60s featuring "Old Shatterhand", played by Lex Parker. (These can be found several places to watch for free. According to Wiki, there are 7 such films!)

While Shatterhand was the German hero, the novels were usually named after Winnetou, the Apache chief who befriends him. These early pulp novels from the 1880s are often regarded as an inspiration on the Lone Ranger and Tonto later!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Shatterhand

(Note that this book, "Winnetou and the pirates", is actually in dutch.)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I actually got excited when I saw the "Shatterhand" title, considering the true identity of that character in You Only Live Twice. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback