Christmas Movies

Started by JudgeDredd, December 19, 2018, 09:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I feel sorry for DoctorQuest. He won't get any of these references.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I don't feel sorry for him. He gets to see Die Hard for the first time!  :bd:

I've never seen DH5 myself, just due to bad reviews. But in my opinion they're all good for different reasons through #4 (which should have ended the series). I tend to regard #3 as taking place between 1 and 2.

(And I'm one of those people who like Die Harder the best of all four. And not only because it has by far the best grand finale.)

Come to think of it, isn't DH2 also a Christmas film? WHY YES IT IS!! "Ah, what the hell: it's Christmas!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Was the Die Hard set in Russia Die Hard 5? That one was stupid fun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Was that the one with Putin without his shirt on? What am I thinking? That was, "Die Hard: Nuclear Nipples".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Don't make me bring up the Star Wars Christmas Special-- again.  :hide:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I can't believe no one has recommended this one:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Battle of the Bulge!

(Aside from us being Grogs and feeling kind of insulted at its pseudo-historicity while watching it...  :-" )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

If you go down that road how about Midnight Clear and Joyeaux Noel?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Been meaning to watch that latter one for a while. Love the basic story.  :smitten:

Gusington

Joyeaux Noel is great. It will make you cry.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Battle of the Bulge is classic and reeks of awesomeness.  As long as viewed with the innocence of a child because I agree we all know it's not exactly historically authentic.  But come on the movie has some great lines in it like, "Boys, too many boys." and "It's like hitting them with tennis balls!"

Joyeaux Noel is indeed a great movie and I agree with Gus, it will make you cry.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Meanwhile, if I have to see, "Home Alone" one more time, I'll go give the burglars a hand at killing that kid myself.  :hide:

Gusington

A lot of things make me cry. I'm emo.

Watched Die Hard 2 with my daughters a few nights ago and they did not like it as much as the original. I remembered it being better but the last time I saw it was probably 20+ years ago.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd