Main Menu

Xbox one

Started by Emeraldlis, December 14, 2016, 01:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 18, 2016, 10:46:26 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2016, 10:33:41 AM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 17, 2016, 04:50:52 PM
Got destiny today  :) halo and f1 2016 are on my "next in line to buy " list . Thanks for all the suggestions guys  O0

Destiny is from the same studio that makes the Halo series, Bungie. They are very similar in terms of look and story. However, Destiny is much more geared toward a multi-player and co-operative experience, whereas Halo has a much more fully featured and lengthy single player campaign. That being said, Halo has also developed an extremely robust multi-player suite of options. 

Hi jarhead :)  that's cool info thanks ! Both options aren't a problem for me , multi player or single , I game with my daughter mostly . Is it true that I need to be online to play halo ? I had halo in my hand at the store .......and I was umming and ahhhing , about whether it was playable off line , I should have asked in the store , but I was in a rush to go somewhere else !!! So I put it down and didn't buy it , now I'm just annoyed !!!! Lol .

Are we talking about the Master chief Collection or Halo 5? I'm pretty sure that all of the campaigns are playable offline. However, you'll probably need an online connection in order to run any of the co-op or mp modes. You may also be restricted from earning certain achievements and unlocks without a live connection. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Emeraldlis

Good question ....halo , just the first one I was looking at . But I also spotted halo five , and a combined pack of them all , minus 5 .Do you think it's necessary to buy all of them to fully get immersed and understand the story line ?  Do you think just jumping straight into five would ruin anything ?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 18, 2016, 03:03:58 PM
Good question ....halo , just the first one I was looking at . But I also spotted halo five , and a combined pack of them all , minus 5 .Do you think it's necessary to buy all of them to fully get immersed and understand the story line ?  Do you think just jumping straight into five would ruin anything ?

The story is long and at times somewhat convoluted, but the game is still very much enjoyable, even if you have no idea what is going on, or why. However, you may get more enjoyment out of the experience if you do play it out in order. It will give you an appreciation for the vast scale and epic scope of the story. The Master Chief collection is a tremendous value. There is literally hundreds of hours of gaming there. It includes every game, Halo 1 through 4, as well as some of the games that were released in between, such as Halo: ODST. All of the games have been modernized and upgraded graphically to take advantage of current generation hardware. If you could only choose between the MCC and Halo 5, personally, I would start with the MCC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Emeraldlis

You've given me something to think about now jarhead . I was just thinking about buying the first one to test it out and see if I liked it , but I do like the info you've just given me about everything being updated in the MCC . It seems like a waste to buy only the first one and then shell out for the rest separately .And to be honest , I think that swings it for me , I'd like the updated graphics  :) I'm going to have to save for that though , but when I get it and play it , I'll definately let you know how I get on with it . Thanks for all the info on that , it's definately helped me to make a more informed decision  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Jarhead0331

I think buying Halo 1 at this point would be a total waste. Go for the MCC as soon as you can manage it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Emeraldlis

Totally agree with you !! Will do at first opportunity  O0

MetalDog

Hope you haven't run in to this on your own, but, my daughter tells me you can't play Destiny on the PS4 without having Playstation's proprietary online service active.  Pretty sure it's the same for XBOXOne.  You'll know better as you have the game and the console to play it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Once I get my system all setup and updated this evening, I'm planning on buying Dragon Age Inquistion Complete which is on sale for like $12 and Diablo 3 ultimate edition which is on sale for like $24.

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on December 25, 2016, 01:46:18 PM
Hope you haven't run in to this on your own, but, my daughter tells me you can't play Destiny on the PS4 without having Playstation's proprietary online service active.  Pretty sure it's the same for XBOXOne.  You'll know better as you have the game and the console to play it.

Xbox might be a little different. You can get a 'silver' membership for free which gets you all the basic services. Xbox Gold costs, but you really only need it if you're interested in online play.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

DOES DESTINY REQUIRE PLAYSTATION®PLUS OR XBOX LIVE GOLD?
ALL PLATFORMS
Q. Does Destiny require PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold?
No, PlayStation®Plus and Xbox Live are not required to play Destiny. However, PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold is required to access some content. Please see below for more information.

PlayStation®Plus

What is PlayStation®Plus?

PlayStation®Plus works differently for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles.
PS4: PlayStation®Plus is required to join Fireteams and play some online activities, such as Strikes, the Raid, and the Crucible.
PS3: PlayStation®Plus is not required.

Xbox Live Gold

What is Xbox Live?

Xbox Live Gold is required to join Fireteams and play some online activities on the Xbox One or Xbox 360, such as Strikes, the Raid, and the Crucible.

Please note: Xbox Live Gold is required to download and play on Xbox platforms. 48-hour, 7-day, and 14-day Xbox Live Gold trials are not supported on Xbox 360.

mirth

That's pretty standard for any online multiplayer on Xbox.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Grim.Reaper

Right, but for Destiny, certain functions are not available unless you do have the additional service which is outlined in that message.

I have Gold, not even sure if I even need it myself but thought in the past it was required for the sports games I played to get updates/rosters and such...now it is on auto renewal and always forget to check it out before it renews again:)

Bison

I got a year of gold for $30 so I figured what the hell if it isn't needed I won't keep it in a year.

mirth

I haven't had Gold for several years. Haven't missed it.

Grim.Reaper

Before next renewal I'll be looking at it closely.....I never play multiplayer so maybe not required at all for the types of games I play.....just renewed in November, so I have awhile to figure it out.