Game Design Course from MIT... for free

Started by bayonetbrant, June 23, 2015, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/comparative-media-studies-writing/cms-608-game-design-spring-2014/index.htm

QuoteThis course is built around practical instruction in the design and analysis of non­digital games. It provides students the texts, tools, references, and historical context to analyze and compare game designs across a variety of genres. In teams, students design, develop, and thoroughly test their original games to better understand the interaction and evolution of game rules. Covers various genres and types of games, including sports, game shows, games of chance, card games, schoolyard games, board games, and role­playing games.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

TacticalWargames

If I lived there I'd try and enrol..sounds really interesting.

Wes

Thanks for the link. The audio lectures are well appreciated.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Wes

Clicked on the related content and came up with a whole list of courses. The 2008 Game Design looks interesting. Anyway, the list:

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=finearts&subcat=gamedesign
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert