Feedback on Wolfenstein: The New Order

Started by Shelldrake, September 07, 2014, 07:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Nice review Gus. Made me want to start collecting Nazi scalps myself...if only I had fewer games that I have yet to play!  :P
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

bayonetbrant

Shelldrake beat me to opening the thread!  Review is here:  http://grogheads.com/?p=6033

(my edit of his post was just to add the "thumbs up" to the post icon :) )
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Thanks Shell! If you have even a remote interest in WWII alternate history, you will dig the newest Wolfenstein.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Wow. One of the "best" games you have "ever" played? That sure is high praise.

...one minor point, though...doesn't it take place in the 1960s?  So, its not really in the "near future." Rather, its in an alternate past...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^True it does take place in an alternate 1940s (prologue) then the rest of the game is in an alternate 1960.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Steelgrave

The last Wolfenstein.....I played the hell out of it. I'll be picking this one up. Nice review, Gus.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FrontierCybrarian

Gus, yes indeed...a great game review and a great game. How did I miss your article a month ago?

It took me about 30 hours to finish the game and never had a shudder, slow-down, or crash. There were some rough and tumble Nazi and robot battles near the end.

The music throughout the game is very good but I especially enjoyed the touching but sad song by Melissa Hollick during the end credits. The lyrics were originally written and sung by rocker, Chris Isaak but I like Melissa's slow version better and it is much more appropriate for the ending of Wolfenstein.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btslAdefZmI
Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers