A Look Back at 2017 / Looking Ahead at 2018

Started by bayonetbrant, December 17, 2017, 08:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

How'd things go for us in 2017?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I like this plan. I am excited to be a part of it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Excellent! And I agree with Gus.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

You guys did great  O0 no one died and nothing was set fire to.... Result!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on December 17, 2017, 10:36:21 AM
I like this plan. I am excited to be a part of it.

I like this plan too. But honestly, Gus being a part of it terrifies me.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

^That's what they said 15 years ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

When does the 2018 Grogheads Members Swimsuit Calender come out? I wore plaid just for that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

I'm just glad you wore something for it.  That's more some of our members could claim. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on December 18, 2017, 03:39:24 AM
I'm just glad you wore something for it.  That's more some of our members could claim. 

they wore something...  just the cloth-to-grog ratio was waaaaay out of whack
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

That's a lot of grog to cover...

Emeraldlis

Plaid??? Why was I not consulted! a few well placed board games here and there, would surely have represented the grogs much better  ^-^ 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

Whatever you do, do not buy that calendar.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I think Sir Slash is confusing the "Flab of GrogHeads" calendar with the pug holiday cards he created for his family and friends.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 18, 2017, 09:16:16 AM
I think Sir Slash is confusing the "Flab of GrogHeads" calendar with the pug holiday cards he created for his family and friends.

An easy mistake to make.