Eagles ‘Greatest Hits’ Now Top-Selling Album Ever!

Started by steve58, August 20, 2018, 11:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

:clap:  O0  One of my all-time favorite groups.

The Eagles' "Greatest Hits 1971-1975" album has surpassed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" to become the No. 1-selling album of all time, the RIAA confirmed to TheWrap.

The Eagles album, which was released in 1976, is now 38x platinum — that's five times more than "Thriller." Why such a wide gap? The last time RIAA tallied sales for "Greatest Hits 1971-1975" was in 2006, when it came up with 29x platinum. Sales and streams for "Thriller" were last updated last year.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-eagles-greatest-hits-michael-jackson-thriller-record/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

I always thought it was one of the top 2-3 or so.  Nice that it's overtaken Thriller.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Since it first debuted and I bought the vinyl album, I've had a copy of it in whatever format was the norm. Like "Born to Run" and a few other classics, I know all the words to every song....not that you would want me to prove it   O0

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 20, 2018, 11:38:06 AM
I always thought it was one of the top 2-3 or so.  Nice that it's overtaken Thriller.

It's Eagles GH '71-'75, Thriller, and Hotel California, 1, 2, 3.  And

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 20, 2018, 03:51:23 PM

^What he said
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Ubercat

I'm kind of with Tom Waits on this one. Eagles records are great for keeping dust off the turntable.   :D
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

trailrunner

They may have sold a bunch of albums and made a lot of money, but they didn't do so well in the Grogs music poll.

So I ask you: What's more important?  Fame and fortune, or being highly regarded by a dozen wargamers on this site?

OJsDad

Fame and fortune = Many Young Hawt Women.

Grogheads = Old Out of Shape Thinning Hair Guys. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Ubercat

I beg to differ.  :) One thing my grandfather left me was a full head of hair. His brothers didn't have it but he did, and it passed down to me.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Ubercat

- Thomas Sowell