Military Operations: Benchmark released

Started by Grecco, June 21, 2018, 06:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grecco

Hi guys,

Some of you already know that I have been working on this title for a long time and now the project has reached a major milestone: the release of the benchmark utility.

The benchmark utility gives you a chance to test-drive the engine behind the upcoming game "Military Operations", a real-time operational wargame set during WW2. The game is being built on top of a detailed simulation that properly models mobile warfare as practiced during the Second World War and puts the player in command of a divisional-sized unit. The units themselves are based on historical OOB/TOE information including various non-combat elements such as supply & signal troops. Oh, and it's all rendered in 3D on a life-sized planet Earth.

The benchmark is free, so if you want to give it a test-drive, head over to Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821680/Military_Operations_Benchmark/

To further wet your appetite, here's the launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWgRzFnLDy4

If you have any questions/remarks, feel free to reply here.

(mod edit to fix youtube embed)

JasonPratt

I'll be promptly d'ling this afternoon!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

WOW!  :o

I'll also give this a go tonight.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

HoodedHorseJoe

I installed this myself and was told I didn't meet the minimum requirements (3 GB VRAM to be specific) so it wouldn't let me do anything.

Haven't had this happen to me in years and I haven't been this gutted in a while  :'(
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WargamerJoe on June 21, 2018, 09:01:14 AM
I installed this myself and was told I didn't meet the minimum requirements (3 GB VRAM to be specific) so it wouldn't let me do anything.

Haven't had this happen to me in years and I haven't been this gutted in a while  :'(

Dude, you run a gaming empire and you don't have a GFX with 3 GB of ram? As President Donald Trump would say, sad.  :crazy2:

Seriously though, that is a strange limitation for a game of this nature...hope you get it sorted. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 21, 2018, 08:13:06 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 21, 2018, 07:59:10 AM
Any infantry models?
There were infantry shown in the videos

Infantry symbols or models?
I will watch the whole thing later... in detail :)

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 21, 2018, 09:05:12 AM

Dude, you run a gaming empire and you don't have a GFX with 3 GB of ram? As President Donald Trump would say, sad.  :crazy2:

Seriously though, that is a strange limitation for a game of this nature...hope you get it sorted.

Well, to be fair, the computer I have now was the computer given to me when I started my job here - it was bought on my behalf when I started and I didn't have any control over the specs. It's got a GForce 760 Ti in it I think. I bought it off them when we changed owners because it was still better than my at-the-time personal rig (560 Ti), and It was a relatively cheap way of getting a better machine.

But yeah :'( FML - The devs mentioned for the full release they'll try and optimise for it to work on 2GB Ram cards, which I think is what my card has so hopefully I can get that to work.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WargamerJoe on June 21, 2018, 09:12:00 AM

Well, to be fair, the computer I have now was the computer given to me when I started my job here - it was bought on my behalf when I started and I didn't have any control over the specs. It's got a GForce 760 Ti in it I think. I bought it off them when we changed owners because it was still better than my at-the-time personal rig (560 Ti), and It was a relatively cheap way of getting a better machine.

But yeah :'( FML - The devs mentioned for the full release they'll try and optimise for it to work on 2GB Ram cards, which I think is what my card has so hopefully I can get that to work.

I have two spare cards, a GeForce 970 and 980 that I'd sell you cheap, but the shipping across the pond would probably be cost prohibitive.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Just looking at the trailer properly and it is impressive. I cannot believe my eyes really.
But I also cannot imagine their is a physics model to this and the infantry do remind me of combat mission 1.
Apart from that and the necessarily cartoonish ultimate general style graphics it looks great. I wonder if the TO&E is historical.
It reminds me of what I would have liked hearts of iron to be like.

bbmike

Don't worry! Red Shell spyware will tell them what's wrong with your system!  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 21, 2018, 09:15:21 AM

I have two spare cards, a GeForce 970 and 980 that I'd sell you cheap, but the shipping across the pond would probably be cost prohibitive.

I might be I. the market, my 660 is starting to die.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on June 21, 2018, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 21, 2018, 09:15:21 AM

I might be I. the market, my 660 is starting to die.

I'll see what they are going for these days. I think they go for $150-$200 used. I'll check and PM you asap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

ArizonaTank

hmmm  I am waiting for spiritual successor to "Muzzle Velocity" could this be it?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.