Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!

Started by Anguille, May 16, 2017, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Destraex

Things I have noticed so far watching a small portion of the video (thanks Pete):

(i) I  love that it has top and bottom armour values
(ii) 1 Fighter seems to represent a squadron
(iii) Z axis exists but still does not seem to confer any of the advantages and disadvantages I was hoping for
(iv) Visually their are no damage models - ships look perfect until they blow up no matter the damage.
(v) Graphics are basic. Reminds me of star shatter from 15years ago. But I don't mind them.
(vi) The physics did not seem like it should be for ship movement?? But I guess it depends where the thrusters are placed.
(vii) COOP is coming ... YES!!!
(viii) Not seeing any sign of how immersive the campaign
(ix) Did not see any signs of crew management or damage control models? CAG simulation??? I fast forwarded so may have missed this.

All in all I want this game even though it seems like one or two battles will be about as much replay-ability as I get out of it. Their simply does not appear to be enough variety of things to do for the player to be engaged. It seems more like, charging and seeing what happens. Ships started right next to each other. Hope all of this gets shown to be false in further streams.

salazarus

For me it looks like a mod for Star Hammer. Star Hammer was good game so it is good thing but also bad, because It doesn't look like Battlestar Galactica. Battles Don't feel epic enough. Ships don't look powerful.

Destraex

Was their another video? Why the massive space under your post salazarus?

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on June 30, 2017, 06:54:36 AM
Was their another video? Why the massive space under your post salazarus?

The footage is from the tv show and would be hard to recreate in a game.

(Wrong link used - use the link you get when you press 'share')

salazarus

For me video works fine. But thanks for advice next time I will use 'share' link.
I know it would be hard to recreate in game but one can dream.

Destraex

I had the same problem the first time I came here sal. It's just the way the forum software here "works". :)

Pete Dero

First look at gameplay by Scott Manley.

Game is set during the first Cylon War, 40 years before the latest TV show.

RyanE

I hate not having the true z-axis, but it sure looks great.  I am tempted.

W8taminute

If this game was part of an overall grand strategy setting then I would be interested.  I can play Napoleon Total War if I want real time pause-able navy war. 

I can see though that this game would have it's appeal to a wide audience.  I'm sure this will be a good game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Martok

They had me at "Manticore"... :smitten:

Quote from: W8taminute on August 01, 2017, 09:43:59 AM
If this game was part of an overall grand strategy setting then I would be interested.  I can play Napoleon Total War if I want real time pause-able navy war. 

I can see though that this game would have it's appeal to a wide audience.  I'm sure this will be a good game.
I agree the game would have larger appeal if it had a grand-strategy later -- 'twould become a "must-buy" for me if it did.  As it is, it still looks pretty damn good. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

I dont see any advantages of this game over the BSG Homeworld mod.
with the HW mod you have full 3d motion, full 3d armor values for capital ships, real time you can pause in solo play and and actual multiplayer game to play from the start.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.