MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced

Started by steve58, December 04, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 08:59:32 AM
Looking pretty good...

I did see this a little while back. Was not terribly impressed. I want to like it but guess I am spoiled by star citizen. Where this is alpha, it does look like it needs a LOT of work. The world seems lifeless and the AI just sits their waiting to be killed. Will check in when this game advances in the next year or so.

I want this game to be like the original mw5 trailer. Real cutting edge stuff. Also perhaps some dynamic leg work so that the swaying is varied according to where the actual legs are. Perhaps even a lore style control system to simulate the mech suit that provides balance for the mech. But from what I see here. Nothing newer than what I played in mevhwarrior 2 way back in the day. Except mw2 looked more exciting. Had some voice over script that sounded convincing.

Fingers crossed. But lets not count our chickens yet.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Its VERY early. I wouldn't judge too harshly.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Martok

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 08, 2017, 10:17:27 AM
Aye that looks pretty sweet  O0
It does indeed. 

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever be able to play it.  I forgot I usually get motion sickness with games that operate from a primarily first-person view.  :-[  Dang it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Destraex

Apparently they showed a little bit more in the mech con live stream today. Have not seen it yet though.

JasonPratt

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 08, 2017, 10:17:27 AM
Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever be able to play it.  I forgot I usually get motion sickness with games that operate from a primarily first-person view.  :-[  Dang it. 

The Mechwarrior series has had workable 3P views since, I dunno, MW2? (Still true for MWO, too.)

Not as immersive as a cockpit view of course, but not as bouncy-shaky either.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Mower

I HATE mechwarrior online...it's a FPS of the worst kind.

Hopefully this is a homage back to the original line, eg mechwarroir 4 mercs.

Fetrik

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

It really does look good. The AI still needs a lot of work by the look of things though. I thought the video could have been better in regard to the echoing voice sounds and being able to see the mech targeting window in the top right. (Not that I have a clue when it comes to my amateur and purposefully raw star citizen efforts). 2019 is shaping up to be a great year for gaming.

Destraex

Yskonyn

Apart from the digital Battlemech manual I see only MWO stuff added to the higher tiers.

If they would add expansions to MW5 in the preorder deal I would be interested more, but the MWO stuff doesn't tickle my fancy.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

The closed beta isn't scheduled to be available until August and release is expected in September. For me, the biggest incentive for pre-ordering is early access, which usually means, I'm expecting alpha access, especially if I'm going to spend $80 - $120. The schedule here makes no sense to me and appears to be very poorly thought out. There is just too little incentive and I do not see the point. Unless they make some adjustments, I won't be pre ordering this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Steelgrave

If you can't convince Jarhead to pre-order a MechWarrior game, ya got some work to do on your end, folks.   8)