Warfighter WWII

Started by PanzersEast, January 21, 2016, 11:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Looks like DVG Warfighter WWII version is on the horizon....

PE

(mod edit to fix Youtube link)

bayonetbrant

Looking for something else, this video popped up on my 'suggested videos' sidebar

I didn't realize Cyrano could do a British accent!

[yt]https://youtu.be/-RsQZFRnPJA[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Oh, I can.

Did one "on stage" for years.

I tend towards the cut-glass Oxford, though.

As to the merits, DVG needs to knock off its extras.  They're absolutely no good at it.  The bullet dice are -- I mean this -- the worst extra ever provided in a game and the brass nick-knacks are no better.

Card quality?  Yeah, not great.

Board layout?  The real design flaw here is convincing people this game works at 125 points.  That number is crazy.  Eleven location card?  No thanks.

Not enough dice?  Probably true for the simple boxed set, but, if memory serves, the big box came with extra dice.  Generally, though, I think it's a fair criticism of the game that not enough comes in the small box.

I've got the ammo box version and really, really like this game for what it is.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806