Comancheria!!

Started by DennisS, December 15, 2016, 06:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

New game alert...

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/cogcoso.html

Comancheria, about the Comanches between 1700 and 1800. Done by Joen Toppen, who did the exceptional Navajo Wars game.

I have linked to the boardgame site of NWS.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: DennisS on December 15, 2016, 06:37:29 PM
New game alert...

Comancheria, about the Comanches between 1700 and 1800. Done by Joen Toppen, who did the exceptional Navajo Wars game.

Already shipped out to folks who ordered through GMT's P500 program.  Got mine last week.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DennisS

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 16, 2016, 10:11:46 AM
Quote from: DennisS on December 15, 2016, 06:37:29 PM
New game alert...

What are your thoughts on the game?

Already shipped out to folks who ordered through GMT's P500 program.  Got mine last week.

Nefaro

I was signed up for this P500 for awhile.  But I went through and axed a few of them, after realizing how terribly backed-up I was on game pre-orders. 

This one got canned, unfortunately.  Figured I'd experience it through others second-hand.

BanzaiCat

I've had my eye on this for a while. I was a little surprised that it seems to have a State of Siege mechanic to it...I'll have to dig into it a little deeper.

MengJiao

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2017, 03:05:42 PM
I've had my eye on this for a while. I was a little surprised that it seems to have a State of Siege mechanic to it...I'll have to dig into it a little deeper.

The dates are funny.  Not to mention the fact that the Commanche were (of course) at least 4 different groups.  The very first were a cunning bunch that had horses pretty early (by around 1725 even).  BUT the Commanche didn't become superpowerful until the allied with the Province of New Mexico in 1786.  Then they raided the crap out of EVERYBODY (except for New Mexico) until about 1870.  So I don't see why the game would stop in 1800 unless its all about getting your first horses and so on.

BanzaiCat

Not sure, though probably just for playability's sake/getting everything to fit in the game?

I'll find out...I ordered a copy off of Amazon.  O:-)

DennisS

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2017, 05:01:57 PM
Not sure, though probably just for playability's sake/getting everything to fit in the game?

I'll find out...I ordered a copy off of Amazon.  O:-)

Any reviews of this one yet?

BanzaiCat

Not yet, but it's on my to do list.

Colonial Twilight has priority, since GMT sent that to me specifically to review.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 22, 2017, 02:50:38 PM
Colonial Twilight has priority, since GMT sent that to me specifically to review.

So whatcha waitin for?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Yeah - wot Mirth said. Digit extractum.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Life to stop being a pain in my ass?

I'm in the home stretch stress with a major work project. All my free time has pretty much been spent working.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 22, 2017, 02:55:57 PM
All my free time has pretty much been spent working.

Your posting history here would suggest otherwise.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

True. If it weren't for this site and you guys, I'd have no diversion s so as to not lose my mind d these last few weeks.

mirth

Ouch. You have my sympathy.