GMT's New P500s

Started by Nefaro, November 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Is anyone else having trouble getting to the GMT website?  NM, working fine now.

This looks good.  Has anyone tried the Next War games.

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-569-next-war-poland.aspx
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

Quote from: OJsDad on November 19, 2016, 02:10:52 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting to the GMT website?  NM, working fine now.

This looks good.  Has anyone tried the Next War games.

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-569-next-war-poland.aspx

I definitely want to.  Poland would be an attractive one for me.

Toonces

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 19, 2016, 09:38:25 AM
Quote from: Toonces on November 19, 2016, 09:21:51 AMIf I was lee, I'd just sit at home cranking out new versions of downtown while sipping Mai tais on the beach.

actually, he's a professional video game designer

I didn't know that.  What video games is he pumping out?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2016, 09:25:38 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 19, 2016, 09:38:25 AM
Quote from: Toonces on November 19, 2016, 09:21:51 AMIf I was lee, I'd just sit at home cranking out new versions of downtown while sipping Mai tais on the beach.

actually, he's a professional video game designer

I didn't know that.  What video games is he pumping out?

he works for Guerrilla Games

an online bio
QuoteLee Brimmicombe-Wood is a games designer working for Guerrilla Games, part of Sony Worldwide Studios. In a career spanning over 20 years he has worked for Rebellion, Eidos, Kuju, Codemasters and Ubisoft, designing air combat simulators, roleplay games and first person shooters for the PC, Xbox, Playstation, handhelds and VR.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

I had no idea.  Very interesting.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Speaking of...

Wing Leader: Supremacy 1943-1945 P500 was just charged today.  So if you want the P500 price, you'll have to order it in the next week, perhaps two.

They charged me $13 for shipping this time.  Not great, but about what I expected.  A bit lower than some of the previous ones I got from them iirc.

mirth

I love GMT and I own dozens of GMT games, but their shipping is frustratingly high. I rarely order direct from them anymore.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Are any GMT games single player?
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Got my email charge notification as well.  I haven't had a chance to check the CC statement yet but here's hoping they didn't screw me on exchange rates like last time.

Barthheart

Yep me too... email said they charged me $68 USD... which if the P500 cost was $53 means $15 shipping...to my US address.... so I'll have to go get it at the same time I get Jutland (thanks Stagger!)  :bd:

Silent Disapproval Robot

I got charged $69 USD which my CC converted to $95 CDN (Local game store has pre orders for $85.... :-[).  Conversion rates put the base rate at $92 so I'm not getting screwed like I did with Empire of the Sun.

Pinetree

When I got Silver Bayonet, GMT only charged me $19 for air shipping via UPS to NZ. That's a damn sight cheaper than some other companies. LnL is the only one that's cheaper.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Nefaro

Quote from: Pinetree on November 29, 2016, 08:28:28 PM
When I got Silver Bayonet, GMT only charged me $19 for air shipping via UPS to NZ. That's a damn sight cheaper than some other companies. LnL is the only one that's cheaper.

I've had them charge regular slow as hell shipping-via-truck from four states away, within the same country, cost me $16.   :-\

You're getting a steal.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mirth on November 29, 2016, 03:52:41 PM
Quite a few

https://www.gmtgames.com/c-48-solitaire-games.aspx
Sorry - their webpage was such a mess (like something from the 90's), I didn't look down the left hand list.  O0
Alba gu' brath