Spring Cleaning the Collection

Started by Bison, March 20, 2017, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'm also trying to decide what to do with my expansion boxes.  I hate to throw them out, because I know that people are actually looking for the boxes or inserts.  But they are just space taker uppers for me at the moment.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on March 24, 2017, 01:24:51 PM
I'm also trying to decide what to do with my expansion boxes.  I hate to throw them out, because I know that people are actually looking for the boxes or inserts.  But they are just space taker uppers for me at the moment.

I kept a handful of my larger expansion boxes since I often use them to store extra components from other games that came with shitty or no boxes.

The small ones I often toss.  Along with box inserts on the larger games when I use the small plastic containers or tackle boxes for the pieces, and need to fit them all inside the game box.

My reasoning is that if I plan to ever sell these games, I'm not going to just piece them out, bit by bit.  Otherwise I'd be left with some little expansion(s), which didn't sell, to a game I wanted to completely get rid of.  For used stuff, better to just put it up as a collection/lot IMO.  Even if I don't make much more off it over the base game.  For me, part of the reason for getting rid of them is to free up the space.