Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Very long release notes, the complaints have already started in the steam forums.
https://7daystodie.com/a17-early-streaming-release-notes/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Glad to see they are still working on it.  I will give it a try this weekend.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Took it out for a brief spin. The game defiantly looks better, my FPS was ok and i went to visit the city. Not sure i like the new stealth indicator, and the movement seems sluggish. The steam forums are right the zombies are damage sponges, and they just about one hit kill you, which i don't have a big problem with as its early but the sponge thing needs to be adjusted. It's hard to tell but this guy has four in the head and i put a couple more in his head that broke off. You can get the arrows that don't break back when there dead, but no loot on zombies. A buzzard got me from behind while fighting these guys. I still wish you could turn off the hoard, the 7 day radar hoard gets old fast. I turn the 7 day hoard spawn as low as it will go and crank up the difficulty.

JasonPratt

No more loot on the zombies? -- that makes some sense, but seems excessive.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

The no loot on zombies doesn't bother me, there seems to be plenty of loot around. They have a new burden system so even though your inventory is bigger you can only carry so much before you get burdened, so inventory management is a big thing now.

JasonPratt

That's reasonable -- carrying Godawful tons of concrete blocks around was insane.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

malize

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 07, 2017, 10:45:19 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on August 07, 2017, 07:07:04 AM
If you guys are looking for a server to play on, here's where I'm playing.  Guppy has his own server that he and a couple of others are modding to make it harder.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49210-Guppy-Server

LOL....looking for easier...not harder...:)

Server: Malworld
10 slots
Up 24/7
No password
Navezgane
Experimental

OJsDad

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 21, 2018, 10:43:35 PM
That's reasonable -- carrying Godawful tons of concrete blocks around was insane.

At the moment, you can still carry a ton of concrete blocks with no penalty.  The way the burden system currently works is you have so many slots in your backpack.  The first 12 or so slots you can us with no penalty, but slots after those start to give you burden.  So it doesn't matter what you have in the slots or how much. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

OJ has it correct. My first points i put into more inventory slots, more endurance, sneak damage, more fullness from water and food. I'm finding a lot to like in A17, its experimental so im sure there will be adjustments.

since its the new unity engine build it looks better and more natural, might not seem like much but remember the game is voxel based. I find the lighting more natural, especially the moon light.

This isn't even counting the arrows i put into this guy that broke on impact. Still not used to melee yet, you can punch with both hands now. How you swing, speed/effect depends on your stamina/food/water, so the fuller you are the faster you swing and more damage, so timing is tricky. It still needs balancing. No dual wield that i've noticed yet, that would be sweet.

This is a big problem. Since there damage sponges leading them away from a POI should be a viable strategy, not working, lead this group away and when i worked back around they had respawned.

The game does seem a bit harder which is good. You can't crouch to see if your hunted that i've noticed so you have to be aware of whats around you at all times. The noise/light effect regarding attracting zombies is definitely more sensitive, maybe too much so, might need adjustment as they get radar like when you make noise it seems like. The zombies still aren't to hard to avoid, my two deaths were from wolves and buzzards, the buzzards do more damage now and usually you don't see/hear them coming. I'm playing with increased spawn and the POI's, especially the bigger ones are crawling with them. I'm going to head over to the trader to see what the quests are on offer. Forgot to mention, one cool thing is you can also get your arrows back from zombies and walls, ground, where ever you see them, some break though.

OJsDad

Budd, I found the Canyon Mine and haven't noticed issues with respawn yet.  This seems like a POI right up your alley.

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Canyon_Mine

I did see a comment on Steam that someone dug two tunnels straight down to the bedrock,  The 7 day horde reached him in just a few seconds. 

This is the discussion about it.   

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/1742226629856624887/
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Oh, and having a fast PC with a greatly improved graphics card, plenty of RAM, a much faster internet connection helps also.

JasonPratt

:o

Wow! -- voxel graphics approaching Oblivion or maybe even Skyrim on the PS3! I'm not even being sarcastic, I'm impressed by the improvements! (At least the natural ones.)

JasonPratt

Can't say I'm a big fan of zombies being able to detect and dig down to bedrock, though. Tunnels in the earth should really insulate you from detection in the first place, and zombies being able to dig faster than tools makes no sense. Or even being smart enough to 'dig'.  >:(

-budd-

I'm thinking about digging in to the XML files and turning off the 7day horde, i'm sure there's a post about it somewhere. Don't mind the other hordes, screamers and such but they radar horde is just a bother. I'll have to take a trip to that mine. From the map on that wiki page i'm not that far away. I'm on the edge of the green/burnt zone with the snow to the north. Why O why can you not still stack water cans, but jars you can. The respawn zombie thing has happened to me twice in two different POI's, maybe i just led them to far away, although i never left sight of the house. It was weird i could see the gang i led away and the respawn zombies came out when i went to search. Going to do the nomad life style to explore, just have to figure out about the 7 day horde. I did turn it down to the minimum.

OJsDad

Budd, the mine is at 1205S x 721E.  As a bonus, it has a functional workbench in the building above ground.  I haven't fully explored it yet.

About skill points.  You also need to buy skills to be able to cook anything.  The first level allows you to boil eggs and grill meat.  Another skill allows you to build a forge.  So spend a little time to look at what each base level does.  Also, gathering things like wood, rocks and digging get you XP, which will allow you to level up and get more skill points to spend.