Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Walking dead season 8
« Last post by ghostryder on Today at 09:29:17 PM »
As a mid season final this has to top the list as the absolute worse. Scott Gimble simply has to go, along with his team of writers.

the final has so many WTF moments i'm not sure i could list them all, and these aren't the "Wow WTF! I totally didn't see that coming"...but rather "WTF! Didn't the writers watch last week's episode?"

The big Kill is Carl-- and everyone isn't surprised as the RL actor behind the scenes.- Chandler Riggs' own father who wrote on Facebook that he never trusted Gimple to begin with.

"Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next three years was disappointing," -- The last moment decision 'was to tighten what's to com" as if all of a sudden the writing counts. well -too bad they didn't try a little harder for this episode. Maggie and the Hilltop army are driving in the middle of the night to the Sanctuary to join up with Rick and everybody else and demand the Saviors' surrender. Why are they driving at night at all you ask? Don't know. Neither do the actors. worse. Nor the writers. So there they all are, guns primed on their way to war. However simon show up. Does anyone jump out to fight...uh no. They just give up with a wimper. Why? Don't know. Looked evenly matched to me. Besides, didn't negan tell Eugene they were out of bullets last episode and he needed to make some?. that's just amazing how fast they sprung back fully loaded. So simon shoots someone named Neil....whatever...and let's them go. yeah--another WTF .

So the Saviors miraculously coordinated a counter-offensive within hours of Daryl's misguided assault on the Sanctuary. Rick get betrayed yet again by the Trash people, Carl helps everyone retreat and Maggie continues to be the opposite of pregnant while the only offense we see at all is Daryl's ambush-- which is helped by Dwight.

In the end during the big reveal on carl---most was "Oh"...not the "oh...your dying" but rather..."Oh...so that's what all those seemingly pointless flashback scenes were about". Come Febuary will anyone care enough to watch?

Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars / Re: Trump's War on the Media
« Last post by airboy on Today at 09:18:47 PM »
This is from the Federalist:
"This week alone, four big scoops were run by major news organizations ó written by top reporters and presumably churned through layers of scrupulous editing ó that turned out to be completely wrong: Reuters, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, and others reported that the special counselís office had subpoenaed Donald Trumpís records from Deutsche Bank. They werenít. ABC reported that Trump had directed Michael Flynn to make contact with Russian officials before the election. He didnít (as far as we know). The New York Times ran a story that showed K.T. McFarland had acknowledged collusion. She didnít. Then CNN topped off the week by falsely reporting that the Trump campaign had been offered access to hacked Democratic National Committee emails before they were published."

Of course, the press is not "biased" and all of their "mistakes" are "honest ones."

http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/11/political-journalists-credibility/
Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 09:06:09 PM »

More baggage lost.  Here is a Roman unit in the Rome II DLC having a lot of trouble with a Gothic Army.

Some baggage saved!  Protected Cruiser Lepanto fires a broadside somewhere in the Phillipines in 1898.

Forum-Based Games / Re: "Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...
« Last post by Cyrano on Today at 09:02:32 PM »
Hehe...staff...hehe...
General Discussion / Re: One for Metal Dog
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 08:57:22 PM »
Music, TV, Movies / Re: New Punisher Series
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 08:50:59 PM »
I been hanging with this one mostly cause I got no place else to be and no self respect to go anywhere else. It's starting to get better and better as I go along. Some good action and a few well-placed plot twists along with a decent villain or two and I'm hooked. How do they keep doing this to me? Think they KNOW I don't have any place else to be?  :o
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Jukebox Playlist
« Last post by jamus34 on Today at 08:33:40 PM »
Three great picks there BC! :bd:

EDIT - Guess I'd have to specify as BC was on a tear...
Current Events / Re: Bang! Zoom! To the Moon again! (and Mars?)
« Last post by Steelgrave on Today at 08:00:50 PM »
Well, it was big bad NAZI's who first put rockets to use...

:hide: ;D
Computer Wargaming / Re: Way of the Defector
« Last post by Steelgrave on Today at 07:59:23 PM »
That's original. I don't know if there's a game there or not, but I like how they are thinking outside the box.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10