The Legacy--any German speakers here?

Started by Greybriar, September 04, 2018, 12:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Maybe send a PM to MikeGer.  He is a German so he might be the best placed to help with the language and the nuance lost in translation.

MikeGER

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 07, 2018, 02:36:30 AM
Maybe send a PM to MikeGer.  He is a German so he might be the best placed to help with the language and the nuance lost in translation.

I had found a little to late and followed the thread and had checked the original text sermon to help out 

but RyanE's interpretation post was already pretty spot on.

the large database is save! but when and how it will be online accessible again -probably in a different way and other UI- is only guesswork.

also i read between the lines that those (hobbyist)guys are very very afraid of legal-issues they might unknowingly stumble into and that would ruin them as a privat person after that GDPR had got switched on and avocat pentru citare law-firms comb the internet for new victims.   

Staggerwing

Maybe they could give the database to a site outside the EU to put up?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: RyanE on September 04, 2018, 08:23:31 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing about Bing, but with a little less profanity.  I actually had to re-read the OP to make sure I saw it right.  I guess if you are searching for something on MySpace, it can work.

I guess he lost his URL to AltaVista. Dear God, the humanity.