New patches for WINSPWW2 & WINSPMBT

Started by Oche, March 03, 2017, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Rayfer on November 05, 2018, 07:20:47 AM
Which is the better of the two iterations?

Depends on your preference : WWII or modern combat (MBT).  The game engine is very similar.

Yskonyn

The thing that puts me off both games is the long turn resolution and the hard to make out sprites.
I really like the concept of the game, but it feels so archaic this day and age.

If I could find a stylized tileset and spriteset to get rid of the graininess and someone could point me to a tip to get better turn resolution performance I'd be all over it.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 05, 2018, 08:11:22 AM

Depends on your preference : WWII or modern combat (MBT).  The game engine is very similar.

Thanks PD...one last question: Are the slightly better graphics upgrade available on both games in the paid versions?

Pete Dero

Quote from: Rayfer on November 05, 2018, 08:35:47 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 05, 2018, 08:11:22 AM

Thanks PD...one last question: Are the slightly better graphics upgrade available on both games in the paid versions?

If you want them you will have to buy them both.

http://www.gamersfront.com/store/winspmbt-main-battle-tank.html   $34

http://www.gamersfront.com/store/winspww2.html  $40

Playlist of MBT with the CD (paid) version

Playlist of WWII with the CD (paid) version

Free download version for comparison

stolypin

I've owned paid versions of SPWW2 and SPMBT since 2006. 

They are my favorite games, computer or board, and the only games I have played regularly for over a decade. 

acctingman

Looking forward to Steel Tigers, when ever that comes out! Apparently the successor to Steel Panthers.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 05, 2018, 08:34:39 AM
The thing that puts me off both games is the long turn resolution and the hard to make out sprites.
I really like the concept of the game, but it feels so archaic this day and age.

If I could find a stylized tileset and spriteset to get rid of the graininess and someone could point me to a tip to get better turn resolution performance I'd be all over it.

Not really hard to look at if you have the purchased version....actually think pretty good for an older game.

Yskonyn

I do have the CD version, but I find it hard to make out units. Especially infantry.
I know you can switch on the flags to find them.

But the game is really slow on my system.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Hot lead and dirty talk!

i don't think any game surpasses the 3 current Steel Panther versions for PC war-gaming.

The graphics for the CD's isnt that bad
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

demjansk1942

Does paid version look decent on a 34" monitor?

Staggerwing

From across the room maybe.

The graphics are probably best on smaller monitors so the images (especially the units) are not too blocky.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys