Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Quote from: mikeck on October 22, 2016, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 22, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: mikeck on October 22, 2016, 03:05:48 PM
Haven't had a chance to play. After the new patch, is there an option to "turn off" space monsters?

No

Whiny voice on: great, I'll be completely immersed in a believable future when the giant planet sized space slug sucks the energy from the 100 million degree star.

Whiny voice off.
Steam forum voice on: well, Im shelving this crap game...space monsters is a game killer and I'm not playing anymore until it's fixed. Thanks paradox!

Steam forum voice off

Yeah, I'll be playing the hell out of it the next week. LOVE huge patches

Steam forum voice on.

There are a few mods that remove them.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

Quote from: Kushan on October 22, 2016, 09:12:04 PM
Quote from: mikeck on October 22, 2016, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 22, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: mikeck on October 22, 2016, 03:05:48 PM
Haven't had a chance to play. After the new patch, is there an option to "turn off" space monsters?

No

Whiny voice on: great, I'll be completely immersed in a believable future when the giant planet sized space slug sucks the energy from the 100 million degree star.

Whiny voice off.
Steam forum voice on: well, Im shelving this crap game...space monsters is a game killer and I'm not playing anymore until it's fixed. Thanks paradox!

Steam forum voice off

Yeah, I'll be playing the hell out of it the next week. LOVE huge patches

Steam forum voice on.

There are a few mods that remove them.

Do they work with 1.3?

ghostryder

Typed in "space monsters" in the workshop and several came up--this was at the top-

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685670935

Reading comments on it none related to compatability ---but the mod removes the script to generate monsters-if that hasn't changed should work.

solops

Thanks very much. I don't much care for them sometimes, either.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

FarAway Sooner

I do agree that the "Space Monsters" theme is a bit worn out after all these games.

I'd love to see somebody implement a "Space Farm" theme.  You could have Star Goats and Space Cows that yielded resources, Stellar Coyotes and the infamous Space Fire Ants to pose a threat, and one of the earlier techs would you a Space Dog that could provide advance warning of the larger threats and chase off the smaller ones (but would be impervious to stop the Space Fire Ants).

;)

Anguille

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 24, 2016, 09:49:05 AM
I do agree that the "Space Monsters" theme is a bit worn out after all these games.

I'd love to see somebody implement a "Space Farm" theme.  You could have Star Goats and Space Cows that yielded resources, Stellar Coyotes and the infamous Space Fire Ants to pose a threat, and one of the earlier techs would you a Space Dog that could provide advance warning of the larger threats and chase off the smaller ones (but would be impervious to stop the Space Fire Ants).

You can have space chicken in Space Colony....

Freyland

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 24, 2016, 09:49:05 AM

What'chu talkin' bout, Willis?

Martok

Man, I forgot just how much I enjoyed this game; definitely has that "just a few more minutes" factor.  (Where did the time go??? :o )  Whatever other people's experiences are, Stellaris is still the most fun I've had with space strategy since Distant Worlds -- and possibly ever.  It's easily in my top five of all time. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

Martok, did you get the DLC or are  you just playing with the latest patch.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Martok

Just the Heinlein update for now.  Figure I'll pick up the Leviathans DLC in another couple weeks. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

Quote from: Martok on October 24, 2016, 01:45:21 PM
Man, I forgot just how much I enjoyed this game; definitely has that "just a few more minutes" factor.  (Where did the time go??? :o )  Whatever other people's experiences are, Stellaris is still the most fun I've had with space strategy since Distant Worlds -- and possibly ever.  It's easily in my top five of all time.

I agree. I had a ton of fun playing this weekend. The only thing I think Distant Worlds might do better is the economy and having civilian ships moving around. But managing all the resources can be extremely tedious in Distant Worlds so even Stellaris's simplified economy could be a bonus depending on your mood. For the most part I tend to prefer Stellaris's model these days. Paradox has also said they are interested in maybe adding civilian freighters in the future.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

FarAway Sooner

So, I have a Matrix Games' 38% off coupon I got in the mail today, so maybe I'm buying this game in the next 30 days after all.  I'm having a lot of fun with Polaris Sector (if struggling with the micro a little bit) so wouldn't start playing it for a while, but it sounds like this game is shaping up to be a fine product! 

:smitten:

OJsDad

Stellaris isn't a Matrix game, so you 38% off won't help. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ghostryder

I have 3 fallen empires in my game. One right next to me. There was a GIA planet that had "holy land" in it's factors where you see things like high gravity or whatnot- when I sent my colony ship this empire warned it would stomp me...still weak I dismantled the attempt knowing I'd get wiped out. Well 120 years in this empire awakens. Then another fallen empire who are their rivals awaken. `10 years pass-and in that time the awaken empire has colonized a number of planets in it's border-including this GIA planet-(they are religious fanatics where as I am war+materalist) and create great fleets in the 200k plus range. The two empires go to war.

Strangely I'm an automatic subject -- likely because of my backing down from colonizing that GIA planet decades before--so I'm already sided with this empire--not to mention now half my damn minerals and energy are now gone directed to my new masters. I'm thinking...that's cool. I'll wait until i grow and fight them later for my independance. Well-the whole galaxy is now pulled into this 'War in heaven" plus a large empire also right next to mine decided they ain't taking sides and goes independant with 3 others in thier ranks. Dispite their size my Fallen empire makes quick work of them. completely defeats them in less than 10 years. i helped a little sense they were basically on my level. The opposing Fallen is on the other side of the map--so thus far I've just been swatting thier minor subjects. Things are getting interesting---a great turn around from a boring mid game before this patch.

Rayfer

GR.....are you playing this with the patch only or is this with the newly released DLC as well?