The 4/5

The 3/6

The 2/7

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2017, 07:16:05 PM
Beatles hate is real.  That is all.

I feel your pain  :-\  although sadly, I don't think 'hey jude' was one of their better numbers..... But still, damn, it didn't make the cut. The disbelief is real  :hide:

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

I agree with Hey Jude, but, I chose it for two reasons 1) I am trying to reach a 'lowest common denominator" with their songs to try and rally support and 2) someone isn't letting Beatles music on YouTube and it limits my choices.  Oh, there are demos and alternate takes.  Lessons on how to play the song or cuts by tribute bands, but, a dearth of actual Beatles songs by the Beatles. 

And I can't tell you how many Beatles tunes I've used, one for every year from 1963 forward I would guess, and only one has made it through to the next round. And that's because the song I put it up against was repulsive and there was no way anyone with ears should have voted for it. 

This is a decidedly Mick and Keith crowd.  As evidenced by the three wins it's put up ('65, '66, and '74).  And that's ok.  You like what you like.  But you're all going to pay for it.  There will be an entire 64 song Wild Card Bracket of nothing but Beatles songs.  Demos and covers be damned!

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on November 22, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
I agree with Hey Jude, but, I chose it for two reasons 1) I am trying to reach a 'lowest common denominator" with their songs to try and rally support and 2) someone isn't letting Beatles music on YouTube and it limits my choices.  Oh, there are demos and alternate takes.  Lessons on how to play the song or cuts by tribute bands, but, a dearth of actual Beatles songs by the Beatles. 

And I can't tell you how many Beatles tunes I've used, one for every year from 1963 forward I would guess, and only one has made it through to the next round. And that's because the song I put it up against was repulsive and there was no way anyone with ears should have voted for it. 

This is a decidedly Mick and Keith crowd.  As evidenced by the three wins it's put up ('65, '66, and '74).  And that's ok.  You like what you like.  But you're all going to pay for it.  There will be an entire 64 song Wild Card Bracket of nothing but Beatles songs.  Demos and covers be damned!

That's fine...

If you really wanted to torture us you would do a whole bracket of disco.
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

Quote from: jamus34 on November 22, 2017, 10:22:59 PM

That's fine...

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on November 22, 2017, 10:22:59 PM

That's fine...

That's coming, too ;)

Emeraldlis

That's annoying about youtube  :tickedoff: I wonder what's going on there? Maybe legal licensing laws? I know that half the songs you guys put up on the Jukebox thread don't play, and I have to go and find them on YouTube.... And they play just fine here, it's beyond annoying  :pullhair:  I have had maybe one  or two not play though... It's sad  :-\  I always wonder what song did I just miss out on  ???

Oh well... whatcha gonna do.... It is what it is!

I'm a fan of the Beatles and jagger, but I'd probably pick the Beatles over a rolling stones song... It's a tough choice, I love 'Um both!!!!! Guess it's all dependant on what song goes up against what song. They both kill it  :notworthy:

It's annoying the Beatles keep getting the boot though... I say put that bracket up PRONTO  :bd:

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 22, 2017, 10:30:49 PM

......  :DD love that movie!!!! The bit where he gets his coat thrown back at him on the dance floor is priceless  :2funny:  it's like, 'hey dude, hold your own jacket whilst you try to impress the lady',   ;D

I'm a fan of disco though  ;) so I will be voting for that bracket too  :D I'm just gonna go and dust off my jive walkin shoes in preparation...........
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 23, 2017, 01:45:47 PM
I'm a fan of disco though  ;) so I will be voting for that bracket too  :D I'm just gonna go and dust off my jive walkin shoes in preparation...........

Check out these disco classics :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YPFAl-0wg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB_QudclVOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eQOYimLUt4

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 23, 2017, 02:06:53 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 23, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

Check out these disco classics :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YPFAl-0wg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB_QudclVOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eQOYimLUt4

Thanks Pete  O0  I thought bell epoque, black is black was a good song :)  I really love Donna summers voice, I think she sounds amazing  :D  I heard the actor Richard Harris  do a version of that song, mac Arthur park.... And it was so weird, it was weirdly good  ;D

Oh man, the videos though from that era... They're hideously bad!!!!!  :2funny: Gold shiny pants was never gonna be a good look for anyone  :hide:  ditch the disco pants... Keep the jive  O:-)