GH Reviews Call of Cthulhu, 7th Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, October 31, 2016, 03:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

I read somewhere that they're thinking of re-releasing the massive Beyond the Mountains of Madness module for CoC 7th ed.  I always regret not picking that up back in the day.  Our GM tried to run it once.  I was loving every minute of it but the other players quickly got bored with the lack of combat and slow pace of it all.

airboy

Conversion to the 7th edition is pretty easy.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I had a look at the quick start .pdf.  It doesn't seem all that different from the 5th ed that I have buried in a box somewhere.

airboy

It is massively different from the first edition.  The resistance combat is very easy to run.  The Keepers Guide stresses the story line, investigation, and the role-playing aspects very well.  I cannot compare to the 5th edition since I don't have it.  This is one of the reasons I recommend the Keepers Guide, but not the players guide.