Started by Gusington, June 12, 2019, 01:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: MikeGER on June 15, 2019, 09:03:23 AM
IIRC, the book i read then was  "Angriffshöhe 4000" by Cajus Bekker 

this might be the Englisch translation copy 
https://www.amazon.de/dp/0306806045/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_SKpbDbZ7HRV98

Correct :

The Luftwaffe war diaries [by] Cajus Bekker. Translated and edited by Frank Ziegler.

Main Author:    Bekker, Cajus, 1924-
Language(s):    English ; German
Published:    Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1968 [c1966]
Edition:    [1st ed. in the U.S.]
Subjects:    World War, 1939-1945 > Aerial operations, German.
Note:    Translation of Angriffshöhe 4000.
Physical Description:    399 p. illus., maps, ports. 24 cm.

LilahFletcher

What do you play a lot? Because I've been through many story games, I'm thinking of playing online games with friends.

Old TImer

"Assassin's Creed Odyssey...so much so that it has awakened an interest in classical ancient history that I have never explored before. Odyssey has led me to dive deeply in to Greek history, specifically that of Athens, Sparta, Corinth...even Syracuse and of course Darius, Xerxes and Alexander the Great. It has also re-ignited interest for me in Macedon, the Diadochi, Seleucids, Bactria and on and on, up to and including the Byzantines."

Same exact thing happened to me.  Now I can't get enough of the Wars of the Successors.  Also one of the reasons I was so disappointed in Imperator Rome

Gusington

^I still haven't recovered fully. And Assassin's Creed Valhalla did the same thing with Viking history.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Disco Elysium almost got me interested in sobriety.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Father Ted

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 04, 2022, 01:14:40 PM

I was about to buy this on sale, but if it has that effect maybe I'll save the cash to spend on beer.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Father Ted on November 04, 2022, 01:25:48 PM

I was about to buy this on sale, but if it has that effect maybe I'll save the cash to spend on beer.

I highly recommend the game.  However I don't sugar coat that it'll be a game that makes you feel truly awful.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 04, 2022, 01:14:40 PM

Heh.... same.  This is one of the few games that actually made me feel sad and pathetic for leaning into the drunken moron role-play.   :-\
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

.... there's another way to browse Grogheads?  ???
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

KaseyBailey

Can Osu be considered a full-fledged video game? Thanks to Osu, I am constantly practicing my aim and shooting skills. Thanks to Osu, I started playing games better.

al_infierno

Quote from: KaseyBailey on November 04, 2022, 06:00:31 PM
Can Osu be considered a full-fledged video game? Thanks to Osu, I am constantly practicing my aim and shooting skills. Thanks to Osu, I started playing games better.

Osu is a rhythm game.... isn't it?   C:-)

- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd