Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

The product page says 1-6 players.. we have 12. Can you confirm this actually works on release?
Just spotted it and I thought I'd ask. 😊
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

devoncop

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 10, 2019, 11:02:13 AM
The product page says 1-6 players.. we have 12. Can you confirm this actually works on release?
Just spotted it and I thought I'd ask. 😊

Supposedly up to 16 . This was posted on the Slitherine Forum for Empires from someone playing such a big MP game in beta.

The steam page describes the MP system as the "biggest asynchronous MP system ever created" so should be fine !

We shall see.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Yskonyn

Ok that's reassuring!
Might be that the product page is just a standard template thingy.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Dammit - I was going to try to claim the (exotic, delicious) Seleucids but they were already taken - that's why I went for Bactria...not knowing they would be under someone else's thumb.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2019, 12:29:59 PM
Dammit - I was going to try to claim the (exotic, delicious) Seleucids but they were already taken - that's why I went for Bactria...not knowing they would be under someone else's thumb.

If you fancy the Ptolemaic Egyptians then you can have them and I will take another nation.

I really don't mind .

There are a couple of others I fancy so let me know.

(Unbeknown to many I am the direct descendant of Mother Theresa 😉)

Gusington

I knew you sounded familiar.

No it's ok, it would not be fair.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

So Gents....we now have a release date of Thursday July 11th.

Given most players will be working (though not me as I am happily retired ! ) it seems fairest to have a start date for the MP tournament of Saturday 20th July to give everyone time to get familiar in SP.

There will be a 48 hour turnaround for turns.

I plan to publish a regular intelligence and gossip sheet before the first turn and then every 3 turns thereafter from the state of the art Ptolemaic printing presses in the world renowned "Papyrus Spysheet".

This will cover the publicly visible major events in game such as declarations of war,conquests,collapses of governments etc as well as rumours and scurrilous gossip....

I will of course accept any bits of information (or disinformation) from other players for publication.

I have yet to decide whether to post this to each players inbox by PM or just post it on a new Empires Intelligence thread so none players can follow events.....

More to follow.....😉

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Sounds good to me.  Thanks for setting this up devoncop!  I envy the spare time of a retired grognard :notworthy:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on June 12, 2019, 04:34:31 PM
Sounds good to me.  Thanks for setting this up devoncop!  I envy the spare time of a retired grognard :notworthy:

My pleasure !

The launch edition of the esteemed newsletter is already under construction...  O0

Be very afraid players....intelligence is already being received that may mean sleepless nights and the need for more Palace guards for some....😱

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Proclamation from Ptolemy the Pharoah of all Egypt:

Ptolemaic Emissaries are at present being sent out to neighbouring nations with a view to establishing close and fruitful relationships with Egypt and suggesting possible ways in which such a relationship can be developed in the future.......

(ie........All MP players in the game starting on 18th July may find it advantageous to check your PM's over the next day or so  :D )

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quick note to all Empires players in the forthcoming MP game :

The following players are contactable via PM for diplomacy purposes should you wish to do so on the Slitherine Games forum before the game starts (messages will be available in game once it starts)

Geffalrus : Antigonids

Le Crop : Britons

SpeedyCM : Iberii

Yaitz331 :Judeans

Lokki : Picts

Asty : Samnites

Jimwinsor : Seleucids

Lysymachos : Maurya

(A mirror message to users on the Slitherine forum about users here has already been sent).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd