Close Combat Bloody First (new 3D engine) now on steam and facebook BETA call

Started by Destraex, May 06, 2019, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

CC has always had a pausable orders feature, at least since CC2. I'm glad to hear it's still going to be available, but I'm not surprised. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: acctingman on June 06, 2019, 10:25:56 AM
I see this game is Real Time. Is there a way to slow it down like in SD? If not, this is a no buy for me. For some reason RT and me do not mix.  :idiot2:

The game runs really slow by default already. At least the previous iterations.

PipFromSlitherine

I see this game is Real Time. Is there a way to slow it down like in SD? If not, this is a no buy for me. For some reason RT and me do not mix.  :idiot2:
You can control the game speed and slow it down, yes.  You can also pause the game and review the battle and give orders while paused.

Cheers

Pip

acctingman

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on June 07, 2019, 10:11:05 AM
You can control the game speed and slow it down, yes.  You can also pause the game and review the battle and give orders while paused.

Cheers

Pip

Thanks Pip

rocketman

Destraex

You can spin the camera so I assume that means you can also zoom from any angle.

rocketman

What I meant was tilting the camera (fixed zoom level) along the Y-axis. Not panning or spinning. Like using "R" and "F" for those familliar with Combat Mission.

Destraex

Oh I get ya. Yes that would be good. Somehow I don't think this will hold a candle to Combat Mission for realism. It's a nice action wargame that will be fun but missing things like proper communications and physics I would think.

PipFromSlitherine

Quote from: rocketman on June 08, 2019, 07:43:50 AM
What I meant was tilting the camera (fixed zoom level) along the Y-axis. Not panning or spinning. Like using "R" and "F" for those familliar with Combat Mission.
Yes - you can tilt the camera.  You can change the angles pretty much as you like outside the norm too, but the assets are not designed for very close in inspection.

Cheers

Pip

trek

Announcement on BluesNews & the MatrixGames site: Close Combat: The Bloody First on their website and Steam October 3rd. FinallY!