Table Top Simulator: Forbidden Stars university!

Started by W8taminute, July 11, 2017, 08:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Hi folks,

Over at the Table Top Simulator identify yourself thread there was discussion on playing Forbidden Stars.  I've come here to this forgotten area to invite up to 3 people to join me in a let's play Forbidden Stars and learn how to play.  If you are interested post here. 

I plan on either using the in Steam voice chat option.  I also use Discord so friend me there if you use Discord as well.  My username on Discord is W8taminute #4522
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Whoops, needs your 4 digit tag so Discord knows which one you are!

Steam chat is fine with me, tho. I just happen to have Discord so I figured I might as well. (Kushan does, too, if he wants to learn.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Also, I call the Tau.

If the expanded factions aren't available, I'll call the Eldar and be the squishie elves.

(Standard factions are Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks. I think. Expanded factions should include Tyranids, Imperial Guard, Tau, and Necrons.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

PanzersEast

JasonPratt

Chaos: "YOU SHALL DIE BY TRAITOR HANDS!"

Me, playing as the Necrons, at least once a match: "You shall die by trapdoor hands."

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 11, 2017, 09:06:08 PM
Whoops, needs your 4 digit tag so Discord knows which one you are!

Steam chat is fine with me, tho. I just happen to have Discord so I figured I might as well. (Kushan does, too, if he wants to learn.)

Ooops you're right.  Here is my username and 4 digit code:  W8taminute#4522
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 11, 2017, 09:09:54 PM
Also, I call the Tau.

If the expanded factions aren't available, I'll call the Eldar and be the squishie elves.

(Standard factions are Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks. I think. Expanded factions should include Tyranids, Imperial Guard, Tau, and Necrons.)

Oh I didn't know there was an expansion to the game.  The version I have on TTS only has the standard factions i.e. Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks.  I'll look at the Steam Workshop to see if there are expansion races we can add.

JasonPratt

There are indeed! -- a 6-player map and two or four other factions.

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 12, 2017, 11:03:25 AM
There are indeed! -- a 6-player map and two or four other factions.

Found it!   :)

Nefaro

Doesn't TTS have built-in Voice? 

I saw the PTT hotkey in-game, along with some options. 

I don't have Discord.  It's just another VOIP client? 

Anyway.. I'd like to jump in, if there is room.  Not too picky about faction although I'd take Chaos->Eldar->Tau->Orks->Necron,  in that order of preference.

W8taminute

Hi Nefaro,

Last night Jason and I tried out Steam voice chat and were successfully able to communicate in that fashion.  We had a good educational run through of the game.  Nice thing about Steam chat is all you need is a headset and microphone.  We could use that. 

Feel free to message me in Steam if you are online at the same time I am.  I will happily stop whatever I might be doing and go over the game mechanics with you.  I'm usually online in the evenings during the week from 6pm onwards (GMT-5 timezone).

JasonPratt

We forgot to test whether the TTS voice chat worked. I don't recall seeing it in the help menu, but I've heard TTS has it.  ???

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on July 13, 2017, 03:35:57 PM
Hi Nefaro,

Last night Jason and I tried out Steam voice chat and were successfully able to communicate in that fashion.  We had a good educational run through of the game.  Nice thing about Steam chat is all you need is a headset and microphone.  We could use that. 

Feel free to message me in Steam if you are online at the same time I am.  I will happily stop whatever I might be doing and go over the game mechanics with you.  I'm usually online in the evenings during the week from 6pm onwards (GMT-5 timezone).

Wonder if we will have more victims volunteers joining us. 

I can wait for any others who may need a rules primer along with me.  Supposing I'm the only one who needs it right now.

Are we currently at four people?

W8taminute

^No we just need one more player though!  Correction; we have 4 players!

We have:

Jason - Tau
Nefaro - Chaos
PanzEast - Space Marines
W8taminute - Orks (just called it now but if the fourth player would rather have them I'll pick another faction)

JasonPratt

Didn't PanzEast go for the Space Marines earlier?