RPG Sales & Discounts

Started by bayonetbrant, December 23, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I picked up 3 things from Chaosium from their monograph series in The Vault.  It cost me a total of $6.23.  First it was 50% off.  Second, I had $6 of store credit from running Call of Cthulhu at two different MACE events.

I then picked up about $23 from drivethroughRPG - Three call of Cthulhu things and Umerican Survival Guide - That totaled $28.

So my damage on RPG sales totaled:

Goodman Games = $97
Chaosium = $6.23
Drive Through RPG = $28
= $131.23

And that is probably all I'll spend on RPG stuff for the rest of the year.  I have scores of things to read already.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on November 22, 2018, 10:13:50 AM
Chaosium Sale is Announced - but may not be active yet.

Black Friday is followed by Cyber Monday at Chaosium.com (with Squamous Saturday and Spectral Sunday in between)...
33% off selected classic digital titles including ebook fiction - use code 'BLACKFRI33'
50% off items in the Call of Cthulhu Vault and HeroQuest and Glorantha Vault - use code 'VAULT50'.
Note: these codes cannot be combined with any other coupons. Sale ends 11.59pm PT, 26 November 2018.

Warning - they really mean the codes cannot be combined.  If you get stuff from the vault, check out with that discount.  If you get stuff from other areas, checkout with that stuff only and nothing from the vault.

So... are they only offering these for older edition items?

Will check it later.

airboy

The 50% off is for the older items that were not "official long scenarios" like Yog-Sothoth or Masks of Nylarahotep.  There are about 4 pages of stuff in the vault.

For most of the other items, I found drivethroughrpg to have better prices.

Dammit Carl!

Amusingly, I've been on a Traveller kick - or more precisely, the OSR version of Traveller which is something I didn't know existed until last week.

So, to wit, I've picked up a few items using the "Cepheus," engine (i.e. classic Traveller with some tweaks and as free from an attached milieu as a game could have).  And, to boot, there are quite a few stand alone games/setting fluffery thingies out there that are looking mighty good too.

bbmike

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 23, 2018, 09:47:18 AM
Amusingly, I've been on a Traveller kick - or more precisely, the OSR version of Traveller which is something I didn't know existed until last week.

So, to wit, I've picked up a few items using the "Cepheus," engine (i.e. classic Traveller with some tweaks and as free from an attached milieu as a game could have).  And, to boot, there are quite a few stand alone games/setting fluffery thingies out there that are looking mighty good too.

There's a new Cepheus Light edition that just came out. I bought it but have yet to look through it. It's pay what you want at DriveThruRPG so you could check it out for free.
I'll sign up for the play-by-post game you start here.  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Bundle of Holding has:
1] All of the Champions stuff
2] All of the early Heros system stuff

in two different bundles.  I bought both for around $30 each.  I can now sell everything I had (almost all of the Champions and much of the Justice Inc stuff) that I could not read due to allergies.

Nefaro

Bundle Of Holding:

Coriolis and Tales From The Loop on a bundle deal.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/CoriolisLoop

Nefaro

Bundle Of Holding:

A pair of Shadowrun 5E pdf bundles on sale:

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/SR5Essentials

airboy

Big RPG sale on drive thru RPG.  Claims 40,000+ titles on sale.  I picked up 10 from my wishlist that hit my purchase trigger point.

Bardolph

DriveThrough RPG has a Runequest sale on this week.
Probably my favorite of the old school RPGS. We dropped D&D for Chivalry and Sorcery, but dropped C&S in a flash once we found Runequest. We would dabble in other systems here and there but RQ was a mainstay.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bardolph on March 26, 2019, 12:59:06 AM
DriveThrough RPG has a Runequest sale on this week.
Probably my favorite of the old school RPGS. We dropped D&D for Chivalry and Sorcery, but dropped C&S in a flash once we found Runequest. We would dabble in other systems here and there but RQ was a mainstay.

The new Runequest Glorantha slipcase set is rumored to be hitting stores sometime in the next week.  The dead tree Core book was released last year, IIRC, but it seemed to fly off the shelves.  Now the big Bestiary & extras are showing up, probably with more Core books being printed with this 2nd wave.

The core book looked gorgeous.  Pre-ordered the slipcase set last year, been waiting awhile.  :dreamer:

Bardolph

I was going to head out today to buy the core book at one of my local shops after reading some reviews and digging out my old editions of RQ when I found out about the new boxed set. Think I might order that instead. No idea who I would ever play it with at this point but I've got a bunch of old RPG books I bought mostly to read and never got around to playing. What's one more?  ::)

Nefaro

Quote from: Bardolph on March 27, 2019, 11:21:40 PM
I was going to head out today to buy the core book at one of my local shops after reading some reviews and digging out my old editions of RQ when I found out about the new boxed set. Think I might order that instead. No idea who I would ever play it with at this point but I've got a bunch of old RPG books I bought mostly to read and never got around to playing. What's one more?  ::)

I think the new RQ Glorantha slipcase isn't out in stores until the end of next month.

Dunno.. the estimated release dates have been all over the place, if listed at all.  The time between their bulk shipments arriving in-country and actually getting to stores is highly varied these days.  Especially if it was a Kickstarter (not sure in this case) and they're worried about the KS people complaining about not receiving their stuff before retail shelves.

airboy

Goodman Games is having the best pdf sale on Dungeon Crawl Classics, Xcrawl, and other products that I've seen.  They put a couple of hundred titles on sale for $1 each.

See: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/36/Goodman-Games/subcategory/187_4930/3E-Products

I bought $39 worth of stuff for 36 items - more stuff than I'll probably be able to read in the next couple of years.  I've found that pdfs of adventure modules and game settings works better for me than print.  I'm only getting hard cover rules now (unless it is a freebie for running stuff for Chaosium).

airboy

Drive Thru RPG is having their Christmas in July sale.  About a quarter of my wishlisted items got discounted.

See: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/xmas_in_july.php?src=newsletterDTRPGMattNotesXMasinJuly071819