Lock n Load Tactical Youtube videos

Started by bickford, November 01, 2017, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bickford

Found a new Youtube channel full of Lock n Load Tactical video tutorials and walkthroughs.
He is using the LnLT Solo system so you get a good tutorial on how that works too.

TheGimpyGamer, USMC
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoXeRfoA8fBT8GkkUMMoSRg/

Barthheart

Yeah, those are a great set of vids for anyone interested in the game or Solo module.
O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

I won a copy of Heroes of the Falklands and I'm enjoying it so I went and bought Heroes of the Nam.

I'm still getting familiar with the rules so watching someone else do a playthrough is always helpful.

I watched the video of the first turn for the Heroes Against the Red Army scenario and I had some questions.

1) When he moved the T-80 to take the shot at the US ATGM squad in the building, did it not have to be spotted before he could do so?

2) Why didn't the aforementioned ATGM team get a chance to use OpFire against the tank as it was moving?

3) Later, when he fires the Soviet AT3 ATGM at the M1 that was playing possum, he said that there was no way it could be damaged because the shot would hit the front arc of the hull or turret but the turret was facing towards the rear as it had taken a shot against a T-80 earlier.  Wouldn't a hit on the turret from the ATGM then be a rear hit?

4) If you attack a hex with multiple units in it, do you roll to hit each one individually or do you just roll once for the hex?  Do you roll each damage check individually or once per hex?

Barthheart

From memory,

1 Yes it would need to be spotted before being shot at by the tank.

2 I don't think ATGMs can op fire... at least that's what I remember from the first version of Heroes of the Gap.

3 Yes to could have hit the rear of the turret.

4 Depends on what you are shooting with and what's in the target hex. Tank gun fired at a stack of infantry would roll 1 to hit and then attack all with the same result. Same tank gun firing at a mis of vehicles and infantry or just a couple of vehicles would have to choose which to attack, then roll that to hit.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Barthheart

Yeah we should.... but I still owe you a Wing Leader turn... so little time for all the gaming goodness...
Expecting Next War: Poland any day now.... still have OST II on the table... trying to learn Silver Bayonet to plat against mirth.... DC1: Warsaw to Paris game to finish with Jason....  :timeout:

Barthheart

Cheimison

I like solo play and I like hex-chit games, but I am not a big fan of modern warfare or WW2. So this game has 2/3 as a basis for me, and after playing it I was satisfied that it was worth the money. Still, I would like it more if it were Byzantines or something.