Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

OH NO! i was pulling for England  :-\

now "Algeria 2" will probably win the cup  :hide:

MetalDog

I had England, too :(

I've watched Croatia's last three games.  I saw France once.  I hope Mbappe nets a hat trick!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on July 11, 2018, 08:44:29 PM

I've watched Croatia's last three games.  I saw France once.  I hope Mbappe nets a hat trick!

By "had" do you mean you could actually bet money in Alabama on the World Cup?  Were you betting with another US citizen?  I have to see proof if you claim you bet against another Alabamian. 

OJsDad

So, if Croatia beats France, will that be considerer a big upset.

I'm pulling for Croatia, just because I figure they're the underdog against France. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on July 13, 2018, 10:14:56 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 11, 2018, 08:44:29 PM

By "had" do you mean you could actually bet money in Alabama on the World Cup?  Were you betting with another US citizen?  I have to see proof if you claim you bet against another Alabamian.

There's only one shape of ball allowed in Alabama, and it's covered in pigskin.  So, you're right.  Noone to bet with.  I would have taken England if I could.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Well done by France.  Either team would've been a worthy champion, but I am glad France won.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Wow!  A torrent of scoring for soccer 4-2. 

Translated into Alabamian that was a 28-14 football game which implies both teams had good defenses or that it was raining hard during the game.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on July 15, 2018, 12:28:24 PM
Wow!  A torrent of scoring for soccer 4-2. 

Translated into Alabamian that was a 28-14 football game which implies both teams had good defenses or that it was raining hard during the game.

Actually, both
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ComradeP

The real downpour didn't start until after the game, after storm clouds had been moving in as a final climactic finale to the World Cup.

It wasn't one of those lame "defend and start running" game by the French, they won more or less fairly. The two French normal goals could've been held had Subasic been in good shape, the ball went right next to him in both cases.

The handsball was unfortunate, but also careless: it's the third or fourth time the Croatians did that during the tournament, they should've known better by then.

Mandzukic's own header goal was unlucky, one of the defenders of my local team also made an own goal that way a few times in recent years. Mandzukic's other goal was pure comedy gold.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

MikeGER

the aftermath....

WTF ?

the moment ...when you realise to generate 1 Mbappé soccer star for your team you also have to pay for it with 100 000 petty crime migrants offspring from the Banlieue areas in day to day live in the 4 years period between cup is played #:-)

btw, no riots in Croatia.

JudgeDredd

ok Mike - dare I ask? How do you come to the conclusion they were migrants? It obviously wasn't the colour of their skin, because there were allsorts there.

So.....?

I ask because I saw plenty of English supporters (and full blown English people - not migrants) smashing bus stops, ambulances, taxis, random cars - and that's when they got through to the Quarter finals!!

It's that flagrant, uncorroborated, anti-migrant BS that gets on my ample bosom Mike.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 16, 2018, 07:47:52 AM

So.....?

JD, i did not do any forensic analysis of the video ...its not necessary because its about the bigger picture of what comes out 'good' and 'bad' from having lot of The Banlieue (a special term in French) in a country.
You can find out about long history of riots starting out of The Banlieue(s) on your own.
(and i don't care about what British Hooligans do on their nice island and why)

Yesterday short after the game the usual political suspect groups (we are out of R&P so i don't get more specific) were celebrating "that a French team of 23 with 16 migrant offspring including 7 Muslims were beating the 'angry white men' homogeneous Croatian team and that it is a role model for our society future and that The Banlieues produce such a wonderful player like Mbappé "

digressions
one professor located in Maryland/USA even claimed that in 2026 Germany will win the Cup with a team of mostly Syrian refugees! ... and T H A T really got 'on my ample bosom'  (what ever that Scottish term of outrage? actually means ;-) )

Now when i heard about the riots all over France (in cities with a The Banlieue) this morn
it came to me that to have a Mbappé is quite nice, but surely comes with a fat price tag for the French society all other days

bayonetbrant

yes, but you're also trying to tie post-victory riots to a specific racial group

it's not like there were only dark-skinned folks rioting in Philly when the Eagles won

it's not like the only people invading the pitch in Manchester when City clinched the Premier League were dark skinned

you're seeing the lens you want to see, because to you, anyone with a dark tan is somehow unworthy of your consideration.

But it's OK*, we're used to it at this point...

* I mean, it's not OK but rather "we know we're not going to change you so we're just going to shrug and move on and continue to discount your viewpoints as already hopelessly biased and fact-averse"

Gusington

Indeed. I don't even know what to say anymore.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd