Tabletop Wargaming News & Announcements

Started by bayonetbrant, July 29, 2014, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Sales, downloads, new products, whatever - drop a line in here when you see the new stuff out there :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Paul Rohrbaugh / High-Flying Dice have announced Gauntlet about a relief convoy to Malta

QuoteGauntlet run!

Gauntlet is a two player game on the epic naval and air battles for the largest Malta relief convoy of World War II (although solitaire play is easy to do). In August the Malta garrison was on the ropes, with critical supplies nearly exhausted. Allied forces were in full retreat towards Egypt following their defeat in the Gazala Campaign. The Axis forces realized the Pedestal Convoy could very well be the battle for "all the marbles" and mobilized tremendous air, submarine and surface fleet assets to contest its passage. The Allied convoy was savaged but enough ships made it through, including the tanker Ohio whose ordeal was a true epic of wartime heroism, to enable Malta to hold out.

Can you do better? Each copy of Gauntlet is composed of the following:

One 11 by 17 inch point-to-point map

One 11 by 17 inch convoy battle board/PAC where air and surface battles are resolved.

One sheet of 140 un-mounted, double sided counters. Pieces are 1/2 inch by one inch for the naval units and 1/2 inch square for air units and game markers.

8 pages of rules and charts

Graphics are by Bruce Yearian. Gauntlet is released sells for $14.95 plus shipping. Mounted counters can be had for an additional $5.00.

Until the website and order form are updated please contact me directly to order your copy of Gauntlet. Let the dice fly high!

bayonetbrant

Compass Games news

Quote1. End of Empire Replacement Counters will be in the mail on August 7th. If You purchased End of Empire direct you dont need to do anything if you didnt purchase direct from Compass Games please email me your address at Sales@compassgames.com.

2. Breaking the Chains Suppliment Kit will start to ship on August 14th.
http://compassgames.com/show/product/btc:_supplements

3. On August 20th  Silent War and Imperial Japanese Navy Shipping Begins.
http://compassgames.com/show/product/silent_war
http://compassgames.com/show/product/IJN
Both Available at Preorder Price. 

4. On to Paris    Franco -Prussian War is available for preorder.
On To Paris! uses a wargame system adapted from Victory Games' "The Civil War" to simulate the grand events of the Franco Prussian war (1870-71) and challenge players to control the leadership, organization and military operations of Armies and Corps during the later 19th century.
http://compassgames.com/show/product/on_to_paris!

bayonetbrant

calvinus

Visit my games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Tinkershuffle

BanzaiCat

^ That kind of looks like Bonaparte at Marengo. Cool!

bayonetbrant

LNLP is about to start shipping ATZ Reloaded.

With a special Bawb counter

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 09, 2015, 05:24:47 AM
LNLP is about to start shipping ATZ Reloaded.

With a special Bawb counter

LOL - yes, I spotted that on FB earlier.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on September 09, 2015, 07:34:58 AM
would have to be double sized

It just occurred to me that I'm reading all your posts in an American accent.

Hmmm.

Perhaps you could try using spelling more phonetically reflective of your actual pronunciation?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

I say, old chap. Those counters would have to be jolly-well double sized, what?

how's that?

'Clip those corners'