Main Menu

Your MAHLER Friday

Started by Slick Wilhelm, April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

I think i am mostly going to play Master of Orion CtS....current game is small galaxy with the Psilons on hard (first time). I am way behind in almost everything. Goal is to take Orion to get some points and tech but this can take a while...just lost my main fleet against a space dragon....

Ian C

I've been playing a lot of Stars in Shadow recently. Classic game.

sandman2575

Well played, Slick Will  -- yet you picked the single Mahler symphony I strongly dislike!  :tickedoff:

Think I may spend some time with CMFI/GL in the '4.0' edition.

sandman2575

Quote from: Con on April 27, 2017, 11:03:55 PM
Needs more Cowbell

;D  This is such a perfect rejoinder, given that Mahler actually does use cowbells in his 7th Symphony.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Ian C on April 28, 2017, 08:32:59 AM

What race do you prefer to play? This is a game I keep telling myself I want to get into...

Consider doing an AAR?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

SW....awesome song choice, loved it!  Still trying to wrap my head around HoI4 with the Black Ice mod.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

I need to spray a bunch of roundup on the weeds - if we have a sunny day.

Wife returns home on Saturday night.

I hope to read the Armada 2526 Manual and start on it.

Jarhead - glad you are feeling better.

Rayfer

Quote from: trailrunner on April 28, 2017, 06:35:53 AM
Finish my (elderly) mother's taxes.

Do some maintenance on my mower, then mow the lawn.

Install new bar and chain on my chainsaw and cut down small tree.  Maybe haul to landfill.

Dinner on friday night with my wife.

Wash the truck (we're now in the orange pollen stage).

Cut up some old pallets I was using for compost bin and maybe take to landfill.

One bike ride, one trail run.

Go to shooting range.

Take nap. 

Enjoy a cigar.

Wife has plans on saturday night so might be able to finally finish that ASL game.

LOL....that's more like a decade of my life.  :-"

Cyrano

My Friday is better due to this musical selection.

JTS PBEM.  Discovering (rediscovering?)  just how puzzle-y the Napoleonic system becomes when manual defensive fire is turned on.

Getting some Turks slaughtered at Gallipoli vs. Boggit.

All the Borderlands 2.  Finished True Vault Hunter with my son and we're working out way through the DLC.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Primarily working on the episode for Turn 3, and then actually playing Turn 4, in my DC:Blitz game vs Barth. (I was delayed last week due to a death in my brother's family, his wife's mom. Plus still recovering from spring cold.) The Polish are putting up a much more difficult fact than historically!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ian C

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 08:42:20 AM
Quote from: Ian C on April 28, 2017, 08:32:59 AM

What race do you prefer to play? This is a game I keep telling myself I want to get into...

Consider doing an AAR?

Humans, Every time....
I'd love to do an AAR but time is not good at the moment. ... :(

Sir Slash

Inspired by Pratt and Barth's AAR of DC 1's Case White, I went back and re-played the campaign again on 'Normal' difficulty with the AI given more time to think about it's moves. I've got 2 turns left and the AI has Warsaw turned into a parking lot of troops dug-in and covered everyway possible by arty and flak. I recon I maybe a 20% chance of finishing on time.  :-[  So, some Neverwinter Nights for a break this weekend along with some drinking and swearing at my poor performance.  L:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 28, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Inspired by Pratt and Barth's AAR of DC 1's Case White, I went back and re-played the campaign again on 'Normal' difficulty with the AI given more time to think about it's moves. I've got 2 turns left and the AI has Warsaw turned into a parking lot of troops dug-in and covered everyway possible by arty and flak. I recon I maybe a 20% chance of finishing on time.  :-[  So, some Neverwinter Nights for a break this weekend along with some drinking and swearing at my poor performance.  L:-)

I could tell you how to win this scenario but there are ears everywhere.... maybe when were done...  ^-^

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 28, 2017, 10:22:03 AM
Primarily working on the episode for Turn 3, and then actually playing Turn 4, in my DC:Blitz game vs Barth. (I was delayed last week due to a death in my brother's family, his wife's mom. Plus still recovering from spring cold.) The Polish are putting up a much more difficult fact than historically!

They watched your videos. No, not the DAR ones, but Sabaton.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY