News from Ukraine Conflict

Started by bayonetbrant, May 07, 2014, 09:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Maybe. I wouldn't doubt Mike's skill in all things partisan though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I went to the game store for nerd night on Tuesday and ended up playing Bomber Command with a guy who just immigrated here from Lithuania, promptly lost his job and is likely going to have to head back.  He was definitely worried about the resurgence of the Bear and had nothing but scorn for the western nations in the EU and their dithering.  I did like how he compared the EU to Voltaire's jibe against the Holy Roman Empire as being neither holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire.  I took a more cynical approach and suggested that the powers in Germany, France, Britain, etc possibly saw the eastern European nations as a good buffer/speed-bump but he dismissed that and said they'd been at peace for so long that they'd simply become decadent, weak, cowardly denialists.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 28, 2015, 08:26:09 PM
I went to the game store for nerd night on Tuesday and ended up playing Bomber Command with a guy who just immigrated here from Lithuania, promptly lost his job and is likely going to have to head back.  He was definitely worried about the resurgence of the Bear and had nothing but scorn for the western nations in the EU and their dithering.  I did like how he compared the EU to Voltaire's jibe against the Holy Roman Empire as being neither holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire.  I took a more cynical approach and suggested that the powers in Germany, France, Britain, etc possibly saw the eastern European nations as a good buffer/speed-bump but he dismissed that and said they'd been at peace for so long that they'd simply become decadent, weak, cowardly denialists.

Blame the bankers that have enslaved everybody.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

Was the guy's name Pawel?  ;)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Wouldn't every night be 'nerd night' at a game store???

mirth

It's definitely not ladies night.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Centurion40

mirth

Yeah she's not showing up at any FLGS in my area.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: mirth on May 29, 2015, 09:40:47 AM
It's definitely not ladies night.

Monday nights are angry lesbians nights (Two of them are pretty hot lipstick lesbian types.  The rest all look like they have day jobs hanging out under bridges and collecting tolls.)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on May 29, 2015, 10:19:34 AMYeah she's not showing up at any FLGS in my area.

you need a new area
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

pawelj

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 29, 2015, 06:57:46 AM

I'm not from Lithuania. But I do agree with his view of the Western nations.
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

Centurion40

Quote from: pawelj on June 04, 2015, 08:16:10 AM

Yeah, I know.  It just sounded too similar to your views, so I wondered if his name was Pawel too!  ;) That being said, I don't even know if Lithuanians use the name Pawel!!

pawelj

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 04, 2015, 08:18:38 AM
Quote from: pawelj on June 04, 2015, 08:16:10 AM

Yeah, I know.  It just sounded too similar to your views, so I wondered if his name was Pawel too!  ;) That being said, I don't even know if Lithuanians use the name Pawel!!
No, that would be Paulius.
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill