Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I checked for a sale on Black Friday and didn't see any discount...when was Tacview on sale?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2019, 05:46:25 PM
Gosh darn it....I forgot to check for sales on Tacview:(  Hopefully on sale later this holiday.

I did check and I didn't see it on sale, at least not at the Tacview site.  Was it for sale only on Steam?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Grim.Reaper

Makes me feel better if wasn't on sale at their main site....I prefer the non-steam version.  Last year it only went on sale a few days before xmas so hoping they do it again.

Tripoli

Last year, it went on sale around 21 December.  If I see it go on sale, I'll post here
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tripoli on December 03, 2019, 06:57:39 PM
Last year, it went on sale around 21 December.  If I see it go on sale, I'll post here

I believe they also have a sale each year around the end of june.  (This is what I got : June 26, 2018 - Tacview Advanced Upgrade during Sale! 70% Off)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 03, 2019, 05:47:29 PM
I checked for a sale on Black Friday and didn't see any discount...when was Tacview on sale?

I bought it using the "bundle" under Steam.  I already had CMOps but when I selected bundle, it allowed me to buy just Tacops for the "bundle" price, about a 20% discount as I recall. This was during during the Holiday sales, forgot what day.  But now that I think about it, it may not have been "sale" pricing, but just "bundle" pricing.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mbar

Toonces

Ok, can you guys help me understand this?

CMO is $80 * 50% off = $40 on Matrix.  If I buy on Matrix, I can also activate on Steam
Tacview is $42 on Steam and on their website.
CMO is $40 on Steam, but bundled with Tacview is $62 total.

If I buy on Steam, I can't get a Matrix version of CMO.

So...is there any reason to buy through Matrix?  If I buy through Matrix, activate on Steam, will I still get the bundle price on Steam?

Help me get the best deal, Grogheads!   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

If you buy over at Matrix you'll get a Steam key.
Steam does track parts of a bundle, so if you have activated CMO on Steam the system will then give you an appropriate discount if you want to buy the bundle after. At least it works that way with other games.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mbar

You'll pay an extra $10 USD for each  buying outside the bundle. I'm debating this myself. Is having a Matrix installer and a Steam installer worth the extra $10? Good question.

I think with TacView you get a key either way so you could use the TacView installer and activate it with a Steam key. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Redwolf

Is Tacview any good?

Never heard of it before it got bundled here.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Redwolf on January 01, 2020, 12:16:55 PM
Is Tacview any good?

Never heard of it before it got bundled here.

I wouldn't get it at full price just for Command, but if you have sims like Digital Combat Simulator it is a great tool (you finally can find out what shot you down  ;D)

Grim.Reaper

with a few days left in the tacview sale, i am still debating myself.....i guess it is now or never since i wont pay full price:)