Designer Edition of Ogre up on Kickstarter

Started by son_of_montfort, April 11, 2012, 01:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Remember Ogre? Remember how it was cheap and crappy?

Well... do you want a giant map and nice cardboard figures?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-designers-edition

Also, you rarely get to see Steve Jackson talking about one of his classic games.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Barthheart

Well... I was wating for this but the no foreign orders for the game really sucks.
And it doesn't seem his claim of trying to get it out of the US rings very true when he wants to charge $15 shipping for soime dice if I were to add them to a lower support leveL.

Hope it does well in the US.

:-\

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Barthheart on April 11, 2012, 02:09:05 PM
Well... I was wating for this but the no foreign orders for the game really sucks.
And it doesn't seem his claim of trying to get it out of the US rings very true when he wants to charge $15 shipping for soime dice if I were to add them to a lower support leveL.

I've shipped some boardgames overseas before. I'm going to guess that the sheer size of that box is going to make it prohibitively expensive. I really want to get this edition, but $100 is a really hard sell.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Barthheart

Quote from: son_of_montfort on April 11, 2012, 05:12:44 PM

I've shipped some boardgames overseas before. I'm going to guess that the sheer size of that box is going to make it prohibitively expensive. I really want to get this edition, but $100 is a really hard sell.

Yeah... but Canada is not exactly "overseas".... :P

Arctic Blast

No Canada? Guess I'm out.

Also...$100? Everything looks nice, but I'm not sure I'm seeing $100 nice there.

Barthheart

It's doing well... $113,000+ pledged so far. Their target was $20,000.
Lots of extras being added as they get more money.

As for Canadian and overseas shipping they postd this:

Quote(2) Yes, absolutely, we are going to find some overseas shipping solutions. We just didn't want to delay launch. We'll announce Canadian and overseas shipping costs as soon as we can.

So there may be hope yet..... 8)

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Barthheart on April 11, 2012, 06:25:06 PM

It is according to the USPS. And UPS started doing this weird customs charge of about $40 in addition to shipping!

EDIT: I really didn't edit your post BTW, I accidentally hit my "modify" mod tool rather than Quote.  :o

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

Barthheart

Quote from: son_of_montfort on April 15, 2012, 10:48:26 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 11, 2012, 06:25:06 PM

It is according to the USPS. And UPS started doing this weird customs charge of about $40 in addition to shipping!

EDIT: I really didn't edit your post BTW, I accidentally hit my "modify" mod tool rather than Quote.  :o

No problem.

UPS is the worst when shipping across the border. I will tell any company to any other method even if more expensive rather than use UPS. Frakkin's theives! >:(