New game starting over at Dom3Mods

Started by undercovergeek, April 17, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Over here, http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php, is Dom3mods, described on Desura as:

Dom3Mods - This community was formed after several prominent players were banned from the Shrapnel forum or left in the wake of other members who were banned. The membership includes well known and respected members of the community such as Sombre (who founded the forum), Calahan, Fantomen, Elmokki, Burnsaber and others.

Its a great community with lots of Dom III professors in it who know so much about what goes on behind the scenes of the game and offer briliant advice (that was my bit)

Anyway.................

The main purpose in asking for an individual Dom 3 section was for just this purpose - so that we can point people here there and everywhere as it can be hard sometimes to find a game, and its a real PITA when youve just missed the sign up on one

Sign up is just starting for a new game to be adminned by one of the aforementioned experts, so if you need more Dom in your life (dont be put off, its for more than 6 players):-

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1363

claes

Thanks looks like a great resource!  As I am still green at this game though I think I'll let my current mp game end first before I start looking for others.

JasonPratt

I may look into that, as I'm sure I'm about to be put out of my second game. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2013, 07:47:49 AM
I may look into that, as I'm sure I'm about to be put out of my second game. ;)

please do - its open for a couple of more days as its upto 8 and he didnt want to go to crazy - it would be nice to have an ALLY over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huw the Poo

What, after the way you treated him in The_Big_Pretenders2? :D

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2013, 02:31:56 PM
To be fair, I started that fight. :)

when he says fight - he means that thing little girls do when they pound their fists on the chests of mean people who wont do what they say!

Huw the Poo

Hahahaha!  Yeah, this is clearly the start of a beautiful alliance!

JasonPratt

"If you have problems regularly (often) reaching endings of newbie games in competitive position or if you have no MP experience - it is probably not applicable for you."

Technically that excludes me, as I have exactly three games of MP experience, and I haven't yet come close to winning two of them. ;)

Also it's an AND game setup (anonymous, no diplomacy). While I kind of like the idea of having a secret alliance with undergeek anyway, (1) someone could read this thread and find out; and (2) presumably it would become obvious later that we had violated the spirit of the gamecall. Which seems like a recipe for disaster. Or being ragespammed.

parone

i know this is old news, but as far as joining games at dom-mods, i must say this:

until you are REALLY good, stick with joining newbie games over there.  if you think you might be ok in intermediate, then you are NOT.

those guys are super players.  a turn that takes you or me an hour takes them 5 minutes(and they do it way better).  and if you have a question, they have answers, although at times they can even be a bit crabby about that if the question is easily accesible on the wiki or if the answer is in the manual.

the assumption there is that you take Dominions VERY seriously.  which is great if you do.  but if you don't, you may want to steer clear of that sight.

i know of what i speak.

Huw the Poo

Thanks for the tip, Parone.  No dom-mods games for me then!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 02, 2013, 03:23:45 PM

its about to start - ill let you know how it goes!

i think jasons hankering after a new one BTW

parone

huw-

i did not mean to disparage dom-mods.  if you want to get good, you have to play the best-and they are the best.  i just think they tend to get frustrated with players like me who are more into role playing/enjoying the game than becoming really really good at dominions.

if you are interested in getting better, it's a great forum.  if you like messing around and joshing with folks and role playing, i think grog heads is a better community.

both are good.  i just think this one fits me better, personally.

one thing about dom mods, a lot of those folks put a LOT of time into modding, testing and what not.  very committed folks.  just a little too serious for me.

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 02, 2013, 04:31:42 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 02, 2013, 03:23:45 PM

its about to start - ill let you know how it goes!

i think jasons hankering after a new one BTW

I'd set it up here instead. The qualifications in the game advertised were higher than I thought I could meet.

Huw the Poo

Parone: Understood.   It was more a comment on my noobiness than those guys! ;)