Steel Tigers latest "scoop"

Started by Oche, December 04, 2019, 12:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/gary-grigsbys-war-in-the-east-2-release-date/?fbclid=IwAR1dC_K_aUl0y-7CoM0pu6SY_h3iqPBynVIga2LAyGBgHkx4lu7JYIzf-Yg

Don't mind much about WITE 2...

However..in regards to Steel Tigers..

"...We do plan to involve the Steel Panthers community in the alpha test once the basic feature set and testing are complete and their feedback will help us greatly in determining the final shape of the game and additional development and the final release timeline..."

They'd better if they don't want to sprout a half a$$ed eye candy cartoonish clickfest brain numbing "wargame".

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LoganismyHERO

Steel Tigers COULD be HUGE if they don't F it up.

SirAndrewD

I'm glad to hear it's not vaporware, but grah, 2021?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Oche

HoodedHorseJoe

The 2021 date is only speculation on my part regarding Steel Tigers. 2by3 could surprised us all and randomly increase their development pace next year and get both games out... my instinct says otherwise though. These games were in development when we were still owned by Matrix and that was over two years ago now, and we're only just getting wind that WitE 2 is on its way.

With ST only "70%" or whatever, I'd be surprised if the studio finishes up and tests both games for a release next year. WitE 2 would have to be very early 2020, so that that ST could be released say this time next year.

But obviously I have no idea as to the specifics of the development timings and pace etc... so this is all outside observation essentially. These guys don't seem to be in a hurry though.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Oche

Quote from: WargamerJoe on December 05, 2019, 05:11:59 AM
The 2021 date is only speculation on my part regarding Steel Tigers. 2by3 could surprised us all and randomly increase their development pace next year and get both games out... my instinct says otherwise though. These games were in development when we were still owned by Matrix and that was over two years ago now, and we're only just getting wind that WitE 2 is on its way.

With ST only "70%" or whatever, I'd be surprised if the studio finishes up and tests both games for a release next year. WitE 2 would have to be very early 2020, so that that ST could be released say this time next year.

But obviously I have no idea as to the specifics of the development timings and pace etc... so this is all outside observation essentially. These guys don't seem to be in a hurry though.

I'm sure the team behind it has multiple projects at hand at one time or the other, that probably being the main reason behind the time they've taken with Steel Tigers, even so, i wish them all the luck :peace:

FlickJax

Quote from: Oche on December 05, 2019, 10:05:07 AM

I'm sure the team behind it has multiple projects at hand at one time or the other, that probably being the main reason behind the time they've taken with Steel Tigers, even so, i wish them all the luck :peace:

Pretty sure if they were thinking straight they would realise the community would rather see Steel Tigers than War in the East 2 ;)  in my humble opinion :)

Barthheart

Quote from: FlickJax on December 05, 2019, 11:09:12 AM
Quote from: Oche on December 05, 2019, 10:05:07 AM

Pretty sure if they were thinking straight they would realise the community would rather see Steel Tigers than War in the East 2 ;)  in my humble opinion :)

+100  O0

Con

I am way more stoked for war in the East 2 than steel tigers

bobarossa

Given Grigsby's progression from War in Russia, Second Front, GG's War in Russia and then WITE, I would guess that WITE2 will requre cybernetic implants to be able to handle the complexity.  But I have very vain hopes that he will make it playable in my remaining life span. 

Sir Slash

And priced below $100 if we're lucky.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.