RPS is calling it "Game of the Year"

Started by Jarhead0331, March 06, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2018, 08:01:48 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on March 08, 2018, 07:34:17 PM
New on Steam...."A Day in the Life of Jarhead". Review by RPS to follow!

It's called, "Tom Clancy's Jarhead" and it's filled with all kinds of misogyny.

Outstanding!   ;D ;D ;D O0

Cyrano

And, again, RPS defeats any attempt at satire...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2018, 08:01:48 PM

It's called, "Tom Clancy's Jarhead" and it's filled with all kinds of misogyny.

Being RPS, they probably get paid per use of the word misogyny. 

So give it all ya got.  <:-)

MikeGER

...i rather prefer that review either in Soldier of Fortune Magazine (if this still exists?), Guns & Ammo or just the Marine Corps Gazette ^-^

JasonPratt

Well, look, here's a good article from RPS on the state of Wurm Online a couple of years ago. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/14/wurm-online-king/

It's nostalgic, and sad, and a bit wry, and kind of breathtaking in how the game engine inadvertently simulates a medieval state which has failed from depopulation. Like touring through a fantasy-novel's land of ruins (e.g. Randland, or Westland, in Wheel of Time).

Edited to add: sorry, had to walk off there. I'm just offering it as a palette cleanser.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

I'd never buy it as I could never complete it.
Now if it was GTA style, I could get into it.

##Judge lets felon go on a technicality .... out comes the hardware and the state is looking for a new judge.... ##snowflakes blocking traffic protesting cruelty to snowcones... body count rises,
##some asshole is driving beside you with blaring music and superbass... peaceful quiet arrives as the speakers experience technical difficulties from exposure to kinetics
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Huw the Poo

If you're a certain kind of gamer, Wurm Unlimited/Online is absolutely brilliant.  I ran my own server for a while and it was tremendous fun.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

Steam games that aren't A-list titles have lifespans approaching that of quarks.

Congratulations to this brave defender of public virtue on giving this rubbish three more seconds of air.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806