Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thank you Tripoli. In my SP Pontus game, I do very well with metal (Pontus was rich in metal), ok in manpower and my gold ebbs and flows. I'm only about 15 turns in to that campaign though...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Speedy

Quote from: besilarius on July 12, 2019, 06:08:48 PM

You have to remember that Rome conquered the world in self defense.

Which is exactly what I am doing with my Iberri game at the moment, the Spanish AI really doesn't like having neighbours one turn they have a 40% chance of allying to you the next turn they declare war on you.

devoncop

Quote from: Speedy on July 12, 2019, 09:19:31 PM
Quote from: besilarius on July 12, 2019, 06:08:48 PM

You have to remember that Rome conquered the world in self defense.

Which is exactly what I am doing with my Iberri game at the moment, the Spanish AI really doesn't like having neighbours one turn they have a 40% chance of allying to you the next turn they declare war on you.

I find once you start expanding previously potentially riendly nations for some reason start to have "doubts" 😉
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Speedy

It is kind of weird though that you have pretty good relations with them (in 40's) then they will start raiding you then declare war without the relations actually deteriorating before war is declared.

Gusington

Watched a few Dastactic and HforHavoc videos and they really help in learning the systems here. I began making more money quickly but I may have spent it even more quickly on more troops...now losing money again. But slowly earning progress tokens and now Pontus is ranked #5...was as high as #4 but then fell back 1. Enthusiasm...growing :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Amused that on one hand the Sabean description mentions that legends of the kingdom go back to 1700 BCE although there's no evidence of anything until the 700s; and on the other hand that the Dam, the oldest such structure in the known world, was built around 1700 BCE.  ::)

That was sure a bunch of organized goats back then, huh!

(Bonus points for mentioning the "equally legendary" Queen of Sheba! Point loss due to lack of hot princess secret agents in my capabilities, as far as anyone knows.  ^-^ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

It appears Gus has chosen Rome when he logged in :DD

There has been a coup ........is the Senate aware ?

PM's sent to Gus and Tripoli to see if this can be resolved without having to restart the game sign in process .............. #:-)

Gusington

Eek...I will attempt to fix it tomorrow. I think Rome is the MP default, isn't it?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 12, 2019, 10:56:11 PM
Eek...I will attempt to fix it tomorrow. I think Rome is the MP default, isn't it?

Yep  :)

besilarius

Gus, that's great.
A Cataline conspiracy to overthrow the consuls right at the get go. 
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

I feel somewhat better about my chances, if Gus -- who has more experience than many of us playing the game so far -- fumbled the user interface so badly out of the gate.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

devoncop

For any player trying to sign into our MP game please be aware Slitherine have a glitch on their server at present so you may get an error message flash up....if you do you can tab through to the "ignore" option and can then interact with the game normally.

Cheers

Ian

As an update we now have 11 of 16 players signed in.👍

devoncop

With regard to the MP game starting Thursday at the latest can I ask it anyone who has yet to log into the game can do so by Tuesday evening at the latest so I can see everyone is still interested in participating ....we have two reserves who are keen to play and it gives them a chance to sign in if anyone has dropped out .

In case everyone signs in by Tuesday when you do sign in can you also PM me if you still would prefer to delay the game until Thursday as otherwise we will launch the game as soon as we reach a full compliment of players.

Cheers

Ian

JasonPratt

Did the Roman Gus problem get fixed?  ???

JasonPratt

Also, while I'm okay with starting as soon as everyone logs in, I'll cast a vote for delaying until Thursday so that everyone has a chance to get at little familiar with the game.  O:-)