Main Menu

Destiny 2

Started by Jarhead0331, September 05, 2017, 10:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tpek on October 23, 2017, 06:55:47 AM
Anyone here still plays it?

My son is completely addicted, and spends probably 6-8 hours/week playing during the week.  He's got a crew that meets together on weekends for big raids and they will spend 7-8 hours on one raid alone about every other weekend or so.

(it's not like my kid is just stuck on the Xbox; he's also playing on both his club and school soccer teams right now, too)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

acctingman

Quote from: Tpek on October 23, 2017, 06:55:47 AM
The game is finally supposed to come out for PC tomorrow.

Anyone here still plays it?

My old WoW group is picking it up (PC version) so I think I'm going to join them. I know absolutely nothing about this game  O0

acctingman

Anybody want to chime in as too which characters they like the most?

I'm thinking I'll start off with a Titan

Jarhead0331

^It totally depends on your play style. I went with a Titan because I like standing my ground, laying down a lot of punishment, and having the capability to absorb a lot of damage in the process. I like the heavy weapons, armor and strong support abilities that come with this class. if you prefer a more subtle approach, like stealth and long range sniping, then the Hunter is probably more your cup of tea. The hunter is a fast mover and can really get around quickly, but they are pretty weak in terms of ability to withstand damage. Finally, if you like a middle of the road, jack-of-all-trades, but master of none, then you may wish to consider the Warlock. 

I also like the Titan because I play a lot of solo play and the Titan is a good class to manage without a party supporting you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

acctingman

Thanks for the info JH

Tpek

@JH This kinda echoes my thoughts as well.
In D1 I played that class, and so as in the D2 beta.

Anyway, so very soon... :)

Tpek

Gawdammnit!
I think right before I started the game, the stupid arse Blizzard launcher reset the selected region from America to Europe.
And now my main character, into whom I already invested hours is in Europe :(

Worse, I'm afraid it might affect my ability to get the deluxe edition and pre-order bonus I was supposed to get (so far no shiny new gift weapons).

acctingman

Quote from: Tpek on October 24, 2017, 02:01:27 PM
Gawdammnit!
I think right before I started the game, the stupid arse Blizzard launcher reset the selected region from America to Europe.
And now my main character, into whom I already invested hours is in Europe :(

Worse, I'm afraid it might affect my ability to get the deluxe edition and pre-order bonus I was supposed to get (so far no shiny new gift weapons).

I'm jealous you're able to play now while I suffer here at work

Tpek

The good news is that the same characters are there for both the N.A and E.U servers.

The bad news, is that so far, the game isn't really grabbing me.

acctingman

Quote from: Tpek on October 26, 2017, 05:03:14 PM
The good news is that the same characters are there for both the N.A and E.U servers.

The bad news, is that so far, the game isn't really grabbing me.

Same

Not into shooters, but I decided to play because my old EQ/WOW group bought it. I'm going to struggle to keep up with them

OJsDad

I finally downloaded the free copy I got with the video card I purchased. 

I have no idea what the background story on this game is or how to play.  Looking for a manual. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

I ordered it for Xbox. My son has been asking for it for awhile.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

...just an fyi.

From today until November 18, Destiny 2 will be free for people on PC to download through Blizzard's Battle.net client, the company announced today at BlizzCon. The giveaway is to mark the game's one year anniversary of first coming to PC.

Obviously, this offer only applies to people who haven't already purchased the game on PC. Those who did will get a unique emblem instead. Meanwhile, players who download the game during this period will own it even after the November 18 deadline.

https://kotaku.com/you-can-now-get-destiny-2-free-on-pc-1830184743

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)