Main Menu

Time to FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 09, 2018, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

OFF TODAY!

I work tomorrow in the am. But no biggie :)

I bought for me Field of Glory II and Immortal Fire with my Anniversary Coupon.  :)  I am really liking this game.

WOOT! I just saw what is coming for FOG II: Legions Triumphant!!!!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Wolfe1759

Civ VI Rise and Fall as The Bruce. Having put off buying Civ VI until the Humble deal a week or so ago I have been pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is, so much so that I've now added on R&F.

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 09, 2018, 06:45:48 AM
And lots of rugby (well...if you support a team other than Scotland...I don't know what they were playing!)

:)

I would hope that Ireland's game tomorrow won't be quite as nailbiting as our trip to Paris was last weekend.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

I've never stopped twerking.

I really gotta start playing Field of Glory II...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 09, 2018, 09:32:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 09:29:10 AM
You teasing strumpet...do you know something we don't??

No, just doing some crazy native twerking dance and praying to the game gods for it to come true. Start gyrating.

Because you've nothing else to play?

stolypin

My 16 month old (still new to me) HP screamer died.  Just got back from Fed Ex to send it to an HP repair facility.

So I'll be staring at a blank monitor all weekend (and likely all next week).   :'(

(Okay, I'm exaggerating.  I do have a laptop on which I'll be playing Strategic Command World War II).

Phantom

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 09, 2018, 07:58:36 AM
Nice song.

Installed 8GB RAM extra this week (system now totals 16GB) and will see how this effects the performance of DCS 2.5.
(increasing the preload should prevent microstutters)

I'd be interested to see what happens - I've read conflicting arguments, some saying anything over 8mb being pointless, whilst others say more RAM will inevitably lead to better performance - let me know how it goes!

Tuna

Quote from: Phantom on February 09, 2018, 02:53:31 PM
Nice song.

Installed 8GB RAM extra this week (system now totals 16GB) and will see how this effects the performance of DCS 2.5.

I'd be interested to see what happens - I've read conflicting arguments, some saying anything over 8mb being pointless, whilst others say more RAM will inevitably lead to better performance - let me know how it goes!

Also curious of the affect.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tuna on February 09, 2018, 02:57:05 PM
Nice song.

It made a MAHOOSIVE difference to my experience in that game. Loading was fast (though it's also on an SSD) but stuttering had vanished.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 09, 2018, 03:07:50 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 09, 2018, 02:57:05 PM
Nice song.

It made a MAHOOSIVE difference to my experience in that game. Loading was fast (though it's also on an SSD) but stuttering had vanished.

I have 32GB and although my in-game performance is flawless, I have long load times. My present installation is not on an SSD like JD's, so I think that is what makes the difference there.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

I'll be playing some Space Empires V thanks to some help from bbmike.   O0

I also plan on breaking out my Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear board game and trying to re-acquaint myself with that gem of a wargame.  Definitely will be playing some Heroes & Generals and COD WW2 as well. 

And then there is Farming Simulator 2017!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Father Ted

Quote from: stolypin on February 09, 2018, 01:39:54 PM
My 16 month old (still new to me) HP screamer died.  Just got back from Fed Ex to send it to an HP repair facility.

I'm guessing Blade Runner?

MengJiao

Quote from: CJReich46 on February 09, 2018, 11:09:32 AM
OFF TODAY!

I work tomorrow in the am. But no biggie :)

I bought for me Field of Glory II and Immortal Fire with my Anniversary Coupon.  :)  I am really liking this game.

WOOT! I just saw what is coming for FOG II: Legions Triumphant!!!!

Some FOG two soon: meanwhile: World of Warships

airboy

I've got to get caught up on my grading.  Not sure I'll be able to play anything.

MetalDog

Hope your students aren't reading this ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on February 10, 2018, 12:17:38 AM
Hope your students aren't reading this ;)

I've always been good about 1week or less turnaround on almost all assignments during my career.