Avengers: Infinity War

Started by mirth, July 15, 2017, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

OBVIOUSLY SPARED!

(Because Thanos is a fictional character and I'm still here and I'm not gonna click on a sketchy link to check a 50/50 dice ro........
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I survived Thanos but unfortunately the guy who was driving the car I was in at the time didn't so I died anyway. Bummer!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

bayonetbrant

Sir Slash

Hollywood's morality is unshakable.... unless it threatens their profitability. Then it's optional.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 10, 2018, 11:51:39 AM
Hollywood's morality is unshakable.... unless it threatens their profitability. Then it's optional.

Isn't that true pretty much anywhere?

Barthheart

They are all gettin lots of free pub anyway....  ::)

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 10, 2018, 12:03:02 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 10, 2018, 11:51:39 AM

Isn't that true pretty much anywhere?

Yes.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 10, 2018, 07:59:41 AM
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/09/marvel-disney-james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-rehired/

Despite the address-title, he hasn't been rehired yet. It's more of an unsubtantiated rumor that they're trying to rehire him secretly.

Quote"Nobody is talking about it, but sources said that back channel conversations are taking place between Marvel Studios and Disney," Deadline reports. "Sources said the Marvel contingent is trying to persuade Disney to explore a compromise that might bring Gunn back into the fold for Guardians 3, something that clearly would be best for the franchise. There is no clash or strong arming here."

It's too bad, because I bet myself a Coke they'll eventually rehire him, and so I don't get a Coke yet.  ::)

(I'm good either way, rehire or not. Some of those many, many spicy tweets went beyond being spicy. But he seems to have matured into his opportunity, so to speak, and the cast support lends some weight toward that, too.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!