Best WWI or WWII wargames out there so far

Started by JudgeDredd, April 19, 2018, 04:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

mirth

I'll miss that wit when I'm not at Origins this year....wait, no I won't.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

But who will I be able to make sarcastic comments to???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Bison

mirth

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

mirth

bbmike

Bah. I'm buying whoever bourbon and/or scotch.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on April 21, 2018, 07:11:12 PM
Bah. I'm buying whoever bourbon and/or scotch.

Where was this offer last year?

bbmike

I was totin' a ball and chain. I don't think that's the case this year. So bourbon/scotch, here we come!
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Bison on April 21, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
Another fun WW2 tactical system is Jim Day's Panzer series.  The focus is individual tanks but also has rules for infantry squads and artillery.  A fun game that has a modular rules system so you can tailor the combat to your preferences.

+1

Panzer solo has worked well for me. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.