The Razzies - 2018 Awards

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2018, 11:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

Quote from: OJsDad on January 23, 2018, 11:53:43 AM
The nominations are out for the Razzies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/oscars/razzie-awards-2018-all-the-nominees/ss-AAv1KQ9?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

The first 10 minutes of Baywatch are funny if you can look past the constant explosion of F-bombs.

jamus34

And to no ones surprise Tranformers Last Knight "wins" in total nominations. Man what a piece of dogshit that movie was.
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

Quote from: jamus34 on January 23, 2018, 02:29:07 PM
And to no ones surprise Tranformers Last Knight "wins" in total nominations. Man what a piece of dogshit that movie was.

Yet, how many squillions of dollars did it make?  :P

jamus34

Quote from: Barthheart on January 23, 2018, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on January 23, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Yet, how many squillions of dollars did it make?  :P

About as many brain cells of mine that died watching that celliod POS
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

There seems to be a 50 Shades Darker/Baywatch/Transformers/Mummy pattern forming here. Proud to say I skipped them all.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

How many squillions came out of China and not the USA? It made 130M here on a budget of 217M. So it was a colossal failure stateside. However, thanks to the usual Holly/Beijing-wood pandering to other markets, internationally it made 473M. 229M of that came from China (of course).

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Transformers-The-Last-Knight#tab=international

I didn't see it despite having forced myself through the previous films.

Meh...money is money. I get the business decision. More power to them. But those movies were shite.

The Mummy remake wasn't bad - but could have been SO much better had they done two things - one, not cast Tom Cruise and gone with Brendon Frasier (despite his poundage nowadays), and two, ported it as part of the universe and not a reboot (the only way #1 would work I think).

I didn't want to see Baywatch at all, but after my son saw it and said it was very funny, I checked it out, and thought it was pretty good. Nothing I'd want to go out of my way to see again, but it was enjoyable.