Large Earthquake Near Alaska Tsunami Warning

Started by Labbug, January 23, 2018, 06:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

My place is 17m above sea level and at the end of a narrow inlet with steep hills on either side.  Perfect funnel for a big wave.  Hope my place will be there when I get back.

Capn Darwin

Best of luck to you SDR. I hope things miss you. Stay safe.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 23, 2018, 06:33:36 AMHope my place will be there when I get back.

Here's hoping. How far away from home are you now?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Good luck dude. Stay safe.

Wife's cousin was awakened by the tremors up in AK. Sis-in-law only 30ft or so above sea level down in CA, but theyre 9 miles inland. Bigger worry is about bro-in-law's office down in Seaside.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I heard they cancelled all the Tsunami Warnings-- good to hear. 7.9 Is big enough to wake-up all those big-ass bears on Kodiak and they will not be happy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  Dodged a bullet there.  My uncle's family lost their place in the 1964 tsunami when he was in high school. (He was more upset about losing his first car though.)