Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 24, 2013, 12:07:58 PM

At the moment I and T'ien Chi have agreed to an SVA;

well would you look at that - its like the clouds suddenly parted and the sun beams of knowledge illuminated me in your nefarious plans!!!

Im friends with TC the same time you take over from Ulm, and the turn after you and TC declare war on me

yeah, i know, i know, your pretender is role playing pissing me off again  :P  :P  :P  :P

mkivcs

Sorry to raise this again but not sure if anyone else has noticed this

Next turn due: 23:47 GMT on Saturday May 25th

As Eriu is currently circumnavigating the world or something could this be an issue?

JasonPratt

mkvics, glad you caught that. I thought the server was set up to run the extended deadline up until less than 48 hours before the deadline, but since we all got a turn in the server decided to go back to Saturday. sigh.

One of these days I'll figure out what the deadline rules are. Anyway, I've bumped it ahead to Tuesday around 11pm Pacific Time. I think.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mkivcs

Looks good from here. Although now I won't get to do a turn over this extended weekend, the price of concern for one's fellow half elf I guess. Maybe we should put the clock back to how it was and all just pile into Eriu and wipe him out while he's defenceless instead ?  ;D

JasonPratt

A NAP3 isn't a friendship alliance, U, it's a chivalrous politeness about alerting to hostilities early.

Considering you're playing this faction...

...I'd say we're being super fair to be chivalrously polite at all. ;)

Now, if what you need is some help against local neighbors, perhaps we could work out a deal where you cede a couple of routes for us into the rest of the map, in return for an alliance agreement. Then we go annoy someone else and give you some security on your southern and western borders.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mkivcs

Jason did you really mean to post that to public?

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 24, 2013, 05:15:19 PM
Now, if what you need is some help against local neighbors, perhaps we could work out a deal where you cede a couple of routes for us into the rest of the map, in return for an alliance agreement. Then we go annoy someone else and give you some security on your southern and western borders.

turn the hell east - why do you have to come thru MY land?

FWIW youll need 6 of my territories 2 of which include forts - thats not going to happen sunbeam  :)

byrdman57

Thanks for pushing the deadline back. My only decent Internet right now is phone.

parone

anybody seen Pratt?  he is MIA over in the LA game :-[

elitesix

He was here a bit ago as you can see from his posts. He definitely uploaded a turn in the last few days.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mkivcs on May 24, 2013, 05:25:19 PM
Jason did you really mean to post that to public?

All part of the diplomacy game. :) I judged it better to make the offer publicly than privately, because if his enemies know how much trouble he's in down south, they might increase the pressure north, leading to or keeping his situation problematic down south, and possibly leading to a vassalage agreement (on the notion that he might decide it's better to accept our help and survive longer at a reduced strength).

In answer to U'geek's question, btw: Eiru is related to my faction, isn't a deathy spider cult, and is rather stronger on his borders. So from any practical and role-playing perspective, I have no reason to go east compared to north. T'ien Chi is a cultured civilization, would be a tougher nut to crack, and offers not as much of an expansion route, so I'm glad we worked out our differences and teamed up for mutual victory.

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 24, 2013, 05:49:49 PM
FWIW youll need 6 of my territories 2 of which include forts - thats not going to happen sunbeam  :)

Mm-hmm... {scribbling notes for future reference} That fits some other things I suspected. Thx! :)

Re the LA game: yeah, I thought I had sent in my turn already, so I was super-surprised to learn I was about to stale (again -- I had staled earlier this week from a storm having blown out our internet connection at home). Ysk saved me by extending the time a bit, and I promptly sent in two turns. And then promptly resent my 2nd turn a couple of times for tweaking.  ;D

I really should have spent that time last night / early morning testing whether Groghawk was going to work. But I'll try to work on that today. Sorry.  :-[

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 26, 2013, 08:57:30 AM
Mm-hmm... {scribbling notes for future reference} That fits some other things I suspected. Thx! :)

Smack his bum, Geek!

elitesix

As a reminder to everyone to make sure you submitted a turn, the most fool proof way is to check the webpage 30-60 minutes (usually just 5-10 minutes) after you submit your turn - you can do this from your smart phone even.

You can also look for an email, but with so many repeated turns, and if you're in multiple games or sent in revised turns, and the unreliability of email at times, you can make some mistakes!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 26, 2013, 10:36:51 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 26, 2013, 08:57:30 AM

Smack his bum, Geek!

Its coming

JasonPratt

My bums are certainly coming!

(.... ....... that... sounded so much less dirty in my head before I typed it...)

Anyway, no smacking before the NAP3 runs out, I promise.

Relatedly, I wasn't behind that province of yours down south which just went back indie. (That would violate the NAP3 agreement.)